United vs Derby

Ok theres no actual match thread so heres the videos

a young derbys fans view lol

Match action

kopcam

managers reaction

United attacked from the start and put pressure on Derby and they did not recover til way into second half. keeping the ball on the floor is our style and Sat was near to last seasons form by doing this

Good win and well deserved

Derby looked heavy legged, ponderous and slow. Duffy was magnificent, but was substituted after 60 minutes to be replaced by Carruthers who carried on where Duffy left off only to be kicked off the ball and went off injured after 10 minutes.

United at one point had 70% possession on BBC stats in the first half.

Derby had more shots, apparently, but anyone can punt hopefully

from 35 yards with a rugby conversionesque outcome and Blackman barely had a shot to save.

Both Derby and Barnsley fans have said after their defeats at the Lane. " we can never play as bad again.....we were shocking.... worst performance ever" etc

Funny that.

Derby brought a reasonable following, filled the lower tier and were as quiet a bunch as I've ever heard at the Lane.

Let's hope it continues, it may, it may not

---------- Post added 28-08-2017 at 06:40 ----------

and Ched had a good cameo role when he came on.

Great result for United. The Derby team I saw last season were a good, improving side. When we (Wednesday) went at them, at 1-0 down, we murdered them for 20 minutes and won 2-1.

I didn't think United would make any impact in this one.

Lessons to be learned from it, eh?

Both Derby and Barnsley fans have said after their defeats at the Lane. " we can never play as bad again.....we were shocking.... worst performance ever" etc

Funny that.

You forgot to mention that all three of your goals were gift wrapped.

Funny that.

Funny that.

They still need putting in the net though.

That might also be said about the Owls promotion to the Championship in 2012!

echo.

They still need putting in the net though.

The second one didn't. :)

Funny that.

Leave that to Wednesday fans,they are the ones that told us this division wasn't like that,and how hard it was,now you're telling us to talk about gifts,best complain to Derby seeing as they are the ones who were giving them and consigning the predictions to the bin.

Funny that.

So, you wouldn't take them then Jim if it was Owls goals???

So, you wouldn't take them then Jim if it was Owls goals???

I'd take an own goal deflected in off a scabby dog at the moment :hihi:

Leave that to Wednesday fans,they are the ones that told us this division wasn't like that,and how hard it was,now you're telling us to talk about gifts,best complain to Derby seeing as they are the ones who were giving them and consigning the predictions to the bin.

United are currently up there after winning their 3 home games nobody can knock the start they have made, but quite rightly people will say how hard the Championship is, because it is, there are 46 games in the season and if Mr Wilder can keep the team performing and the squad reasonably injury free they will do well to finish top half IMHO ..... good luck !

Apart from creating chances, we were exceptional.

3 goals and none are from really chances created. The big chance was missed with a ball across the box.

But the first, we have put that much pressure on their defence and keeper that it created an opportunity. We did this all game too and was fantastic to see.

The way we close players down instantly reminds of the Barcelona way where they aim to close a player within 3 seconds of them receiving the ball.

The second, well he what a finish from Russell ha ha.

The third is again because they needed to get back in the game.

Very happy with the result and performance, but we still need to create more..

Sharp with his 4th of the season too.

I do think we maybe need to drop him away from home,but with Lavery with an injury and Clarke, I don't trust Evans to run the line up top, I can see why we leave him playing.

Edit: Actually, I forgot about the chance that Sharp should have put away, wha an amazing save that was.

Edited by Robbie Loving