Teams stop Wednesday playing?

I'm now very confused. The reason given for us only scoring one and not steamrollering teams is because they know our style and set out to frustrate us? Yesterday, Burton came at us hammer and tongs for 95 minutes.

We just scored the mandatory one goal.

See why I'm confused?

I'm now very confused. The reason given for us only scoring one and not steamrollering teams is because they know our style and set out to frustrate us? Yesterday, Burton came at us hammer and tongs for 95 minutes.

See why I'm confused?

The answer is (and always will be) that we don't create enough, narrow wingers and full backs who predominantly do the crossing is stifling the forward line. We have (by luck) avoided conceding goals through hard work and being well organised at the back, that wont last unless we recruit.

See why I'm confused?

Don't we know Burton's style? Can't we set out to frustrate them? Can't we go at them hammer and tongs for 95 minutes?

I'm as confused as you. :)

Four points from two tough away games, if the results for those two games were switched around we would be more than happy . So whats our problem EXPECTATION i would say.

Four points from two tough away games, if the results for those two games were switched around we would be more than happy . So whats our problem EXPECTATION i would say.

I think exactly the same Alan, had we drawn with Fulham and beaten Burton there would be much less on an outcry. Need to win the next two at home though.

September could be a defining month for us. Five games, three at home, next one against Forest who are playing some good stuff and one of them a derby. An away game at high flying Cardiff then round the month off at Brum. I would like to think we could get ten points from those games but i cannot see it, way things are turning out at the moment, more like seven and keeping the run intact is how it will turn out with our luck.

The wednesday fan/blogger who was on Channel 5 football league programme last night had carvalho down for the sack.. give the guy time fhs

we just need to sort out same team on a regular basis use Rhodes and fletcher up front

use 2 wingers and start using the big home pitch to our advantage and hope it comes right failure soon then make a change theres pearson out there,and theres always the ex England maneger,but give it 8 more matchs

I think exactly the same Alan, had we drawn with Fulham and beaten Burton there would be much less on an outcry. Need to win the next two at home though.

Point at Burton is no bad thing, it's the performances that are worrying. Over the course of the season you get found out

We're better than a nil or one team. We could be great value for money every game, entertaining, dangerous and frightening. But we're not. I know Carlos can get the team 'up and at 'em'

I just want to see a few more 3's and 4's.

One is not amused.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Point at Burton is no bad thing, it's the performances that are worrying. Over the course of the season you get found out

But don't you find it worrying that you have been 'found out' at such an early stage??

we just need to sort out same team on a regular basis use Rhodes and fletcher up front

use 2 wingers and start using the big home pitch to our advantage and hope it comes right failure soon then make a change theres pearson out there,and theres always the ex England maneger,but give it 8 more matchs

Ex England manager, do you mean Steve MacLaren or 'Big Sam' ?