Death by dangerous cycling

Could a change in the law prevent a repercussion of the recent tragic events in London ?

Could a change in the law prevent a repercussion of the recent tragic events in London?

You would think that the police would have been aware of the ilegal cycles on Londons roads. Did they do any enforcement action? I sometimes think our police force could be much better.

Could a change in the law prevent a repercussion of the recent tragic events in London ?

Youre title is a bit misleading

He was found guilty of causing bodily harm by "wanton or furious driving".

The result was the same - a woman died because someone rode a bike in an irresponsible manner.

Youre title is a bit misleading

He was found guilty of causing bodily harm by "wanton or furious driving".

But, as a direct result of his wanton or furious driving (who came up with THAT law and when!?!) the woman sadly died. You can argue a legal standpoint but the title is pretty much accurate.

that idiot cyclist knew that having no brake was illegal, but still did it.

If he'd had that front bike fitted, he'd have stopped in time.

---------- Post added 24-08-2017 at 23:02 ----------

But, as a direct result of his wanton or furious driving (who came up with THAT law and when!?!) the woman sadly died. You can argue a legal standpoint but the title is pretty much accurate.

In 1861, apparently. Read here for more:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/15/crash-cyclist-shouted-charlie-alliston-pedestrian-lay-wounded

Edited by The Joker

You mean reoccurance. Of course it couldn't.

But do you not think that it is a positive move in the right direction that means that cyclists will have to take responsibility for their actions and be punished if they don't abide by the rules of the road that other road users have to follow ?

For instance - maintaining a roadworthy vehicle and following the highway code i.e., not travelling on the pavement and observing red lights etc.

Edited by Daven

that idiot cyclist knew that having no brake was illegal, but still did it.

How do you know? He said he didn't know.

I had to dodge two adult males in full kit cycling along Fargate the other day. I wonder what part of pedestrian precinct they don't understand. My son cycles and I'm certainly not against it, but pedestrian safety should be paramount.

How do you know? He said he didn't know.

Yeah, sure. That comment was just pure BS to try and get off, which he did.

What kind of idiot thinks its perfectly safe and legal to ride a bike with only one brake?

Sorry officer, I didnt realise that my car had to have brakes at the front as well