Combi playing up

I Have a Baxi 105e that is continually venting.

I have to keep topping up .Is this serious?

Any advice would be helpful.

Hi when you say venting do you mean its letting water out of the small copper pipe that runs to outside the (prv)

If so then it could be a number of things such as

filling loop passing water and overfilling the system

Pressure vessel has lost its pressure or it could have split inside and may need changing

Supply pipe from boiler to the pressure vessel blocked up

can i ask does it vent when its sat or only when its running cheers jon.

Thanks. Yes I mean the prv outside and it only vents when running and the water pressure keeps falling.

Sounds like i would check the pressure vessel first to see if its lost its charge, then if no better you may need a new pressure vessel but i cant say 100% without testing the boiler.

If you do find you need to change the vessel and its not easy to get too eg on the back of the boiler like most are then you could always have an external vessel kit fitted on the pipework near the boiler.

I would say not a danger as such its just it wont get any better just leak more and you will end up topping up lots in a day cheers jon.

Thanks Jon, I think I may go for a new boiler as it is 10 years old

Well i do say after ten years the older boilers have done well, we fitted a new one last week the Ideal logic+ 30kw with remote room thermostat and this was all because of a ten year old boiler needed money and time spending on it.

In the end its sometimes the best way as you get a 5 year warranty with the Ideal and you know then you have 10-15 years before hopefully ever changing it again.

Take a look at our webpage still under construction but if you ever want a free quote for a new boiler let me know cheers jon.

Agree with JB's diagnosis.....expansion vessel or pipe connected to it. It is not dangerous but will mean topping up regularly (as you are aware) and the system running at higher pressure than normal and therefore 'testing' any poor fittings. Happy to have a look and give a definitive verdict and a quote to fix, cheers, Steve

We can swap for a new baxi with 5 year warrantee band a+ rated. if you want repairing temporary go for external expansion vessel and new internal prv.