Advice on nuisance.

buy a dummy cctv camera and put somme cctv camerain operation stickers on the wall this will deter them.Aren't there any parks nearby for them to have a kick about..?

Such a right is rarely a public right of way. It's almost always an easement- a private right that:

a. burdens one property; and

b. benefits another/others (but not the general public).

Are the children those of a house-owenr whose property is one of those benefitting from the easement, perhaps?

No, none of my neighbours have children.

I don't know where these kids come from..

buy a dummy cctv camera and put somme cctv camerain operation stickers on the wall this will deter them.Aren't there any parks nearby for them to have a kick about..?

There is a massive field where people play football right to the end of the road, and a large park down the other end of the road!

It is interesting that you own half the alley. Are you responsible for its upkeep?

No, we own the ground that it is on, but the council are responsible as it's their paving and their public right of way.

Although I do contact the council whenever any part of the alleyway gets spray painted, and it gets cleaned away.

If we wanted, we could extend the 1st and 2nd floors.

If the neighbours the otherside of the alley own the lease to their land, we could both meet in the middle with this extension and create a 'canopy' idea over the alleyway, for example.

Edited by Elizabeth13

There is a massive field where people play football right to the end of the road, and a large park down the other end of the road!

crazy isn't it..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

in respect of the gate, you could have a push button latch, so nobody needs keys to get in, but they will need the code from you - which should cause less inconvenience to your neighbours

Can you paint your wall with anti climb paint above 8ft? see how long they carry on with this silly game once they've had to explain to their mum what's all over the football and their clothing - coz I bet they won't be able to keep the ball under enough control to avoid it altogether ;) - if they could, they'd be kicking about in the park instead of against your wall

Just go out and shout at them- if someone did that when I was young then we would soon find somewhere else to play?

Just go out and shout at them- if someone did that when I was young then we would soon find somewhere else to play?

So would I and probably most on here but nowadays likely to get a gobful of abuse, damage to the property and would probably get stabbed!! That's why I now just phone police saves them eating doughnuts all day!:D