Suggestions for places to rent in Sheffield

Attercliffe? lol.

Postcodes S7,10 and 11. Check for students living next door and how regular the buses are. Walkley is nice but for parking and when it snows. Netherthorpe is in quite a bit of demand but again check out the neighbours!

S7 is not so convenient for either University, however. Pref. S10/S11 (or S3 if price is more important than quality of area).

Hi everyone-

I've recently moved to Sheffield from the States and will be here for a year. I'm currently in temporary housing in Lodge Moor, which is lovely but a bit removed from everything for someone who is so new. I work at the University of Sheffield and would prefer to have the option to walk to work (I do not have a car here). I'd like some suggestions from you all where to live as I keep hearing mixed suggestions.

I am looking for a furnished one bedroom flat and would prefer to sleep at night rather than listen to a neighbor's loud music.

Some have suggested the City Centre, others say a lot of students live there and as such, it's very noisy. Also, I've heard utility bills can be a bit steep in some places there.

Another suggestion was Broomhill, but there don't seem to be many one bedroom flats for rent there currently, which is what I'm looking for.

I don't mind walking 25-30 minutes to work.

Thank you for any advice/suggestions you may have!

hi, welcome to sheffield, i hope you love our country and especially our city, im ever so certain you will love it here so much that u wouldnt want to go back. like everyone else i would also advice you to move to sharrow vale/hunters bar area, yes there are loads of students but its the city feel about in a villagy location thats incredible.. i hope you'll like it and best wishes with you.

nether edge is a lovely area plenty of flats and within walking distance of your job

hi, welcome to sheffield, i hope you love our country and especially our city, im ever so certain you will love it here so much that u wouldnt want to go back. like everyone else i would also advice you to move to sharrow vale/hunters bar area, yes there are loads of students but its the city feel about in a villagy location thats incredible.. i hope you'll like it and best wishes with you.

nether edge is a lovely area plenty of flats and within walking distance of your job

Or Broomhill?

Check out the area around Greystones (S11) and the roads between Greystones and Hunters Bar.

Personally I'd go for around Hunter's Bar or Sharrow Vale in your position, failing that Broomhill or Crookes.