Electric Blankets? What's The Deal?

Will it cost to much if I keep it on all night?

of course, but i've just said you won't need to.

Get one ,try the one recommended-from Morrisons that should be ok,and they are quite safe.

Ramp, I got a bog standard one from Aldi and it has three settings. On setting number 3 the bed is warm enough after the time taken to clean teeth. I usually turn it off as I get in bed. If it is really cold I sometimes leave it on setting No1 as I sleep, but the bed usually gets too hot after a few hours. If you are cold just go buy one-don’t be like pensioners sat there getting hyperthermia because they are worried about the lecky bill.

If I’m in the sack with someone else there is no need at all for it to be left on-ever. I assume you sleep alone )not including inflatable dolls & stuff.

Edited by mart

Don't leave it on all night if there is any chance of you wetting the bed!

I have always had an electric blanket and never had any problem. I have only recently got central heating and they were a god send.

Try not to go to sleep with them on as you'll wake during the night not understanding why it's so hot.

I never really noticed an increase in the electricity bills if I am honest it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the central heating.

Think I was healthier as well.

Good luck what ever you decide

Dee

I bought my mrs one from tesco - think it was delonghi or russell hobbs, can't remember - it was rubbish, so took it back and thought i'll try the tesco's own make.. which was different class. there was some blurb on the front saying it costs about 8p a night to run.. sure its a bit more, but well worth it. Since got one for my side of the bed.

Not sure how safe they are now but having had one set fire to the mattress I now stick to using a hot water bottle if necessary.

Thanks, but are they safe?

No.

I bought one, and it killed me.

Ramp, I got a bog standard one from Aldi and it has three settings. On setting number 3 the bed is warm enough after the time taken to clean teeth. I usually turn it off as I get in bed. If it is really cold I sometimes leave it on setting No1 as I sleep, but the bed usually gets too hot after a few hours. If you are cold just go buy one-don’t be like pensioners sat there getting hyperthermia because they are worried about the lecky bill.

If I’m in the sack with someone else there is no need at all for it to be left on-ever. I assume you sleep alone )not including inflatable dolls & stuff.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yeah they not like they used to be man. I've slept with modern ones on all night.

On high! how it didn't fry your arse I don't know.

No.

I bought one, and it killed me.

Do you now have a permo tan? On your bum?

Of course, had a few of those, but they keep flying off or pop in the bath.