Lightest people first please (into the life boats)

You can't argue from an abstract fertility without mentioning age then. Any woman post-menopausal should be left behind, because they are unable to have children. A man can father at any point, so he still has value.

Given the amount of effectively infertile women (due to a lack of breeding) we should not be surprised that the murder rate of females under 1 has risen massively over the past decade :help:

How about a bit of a scrap to see who gets into the boats, kind of a survival of the fittest thing ?

That way anyone who doesn't make the grade won't actually know they are going down with the ship anyhow so its a win win.

A man can father at any point, so he still has value.

....unless he has a low sperm count or has had the snip.

If you've ever been on a cruise it would be apparent how futile the 'proceed to muster stations really is' ... queue to board the lifeboats in an orderly fashion ... yeh, right!! What happens on the legally required abandon ship drill will be far removed from the reality of the situation.

In reality it is every man/woman for himself, I can only imagine the chaos that ensued when the 'proceed to muster stations' order was given on the Concordia!

Add to this the fact that Italians as a nation do not queue in an orderly British fashion. I've never seen a line of people whenever I've visited Italy, it's just a case of push your way forwards.

I heard on the news about everyone piling into the Lifeboats and the cord snapping. Must have been terrifying.

My logic said get the fat people off first. A boat full of thin people would sink slower than a boat full of fat people.

Your argument has strength though.

But fat people float better and have more insulation from the cold so should be left to last.

jb