How do I lodge a complaint to the council about lumpy tarmac?

I stepped onto a lumpy bit of tarmac which resulted in a sprained ankle. I hadn't realised how long this type of injury takes to heal and as I have incurred some expense in physiotherapy treatment I want to inform the council of what has happened. I don't know who to contact at the council to complain about it (and have very little confidence in the process). Does anyone have any advice for me?

write to streets ahead detailing date, time, place and what happened.

you will get a call within 48 hours - I did! as opposed to waiting several months.

Contact a lawyer for an informal discussion on making a claim.

Same thing happened to me - lumps of loose tarmac hidden in the dark.

I did not sue. I met a lady who had fell in the same works. she had a nasty gash on her hand, bruising on her arm and a black eye. She should have sued.

In the meantime, look on facebook for the following groups.

Sheffield Trees Action Group (STAG)

Sheffield Residents Holding Amey To Account.

Our kerbs were done months ago, still no sign of the tarmacing taking place.

Let us know how you get on.

Having past experience with Sheffield Council about pavement and road services I would not recommend using the on line complaints form, Potholes, poor road markings or broken pavements the Report and Request form it directs you to does not always work it gets so far and then seems to be in a loop and you get no further. The council will ask you for when and where it happened even the weather conditions, if you attended A&E get details, go back to the spot where it happened and take pictures as evidence, find out who is the Councillor for that area email them and as many other related services in the Council you can if you make a nuisance of the issue you seem to get a better response to your complaint even sending a email to the Town Hall and let them send your complaint to the relative department – but don’t hold much faith in getting compensation.

Edited by MEC176

Thank you both. I have no faith whatsoever in SCC doing the right thing, not Amey tbh, but am needing to lodge a record of the problem. Though if you look at the stretch of road it's on, you could pick almost any square foot of it abd find a problem!!!

I stepped onto a lumpy bit of tarmac which resulted in a sprained ankle. I hadn't realised how long this type of injury takes to heal and as I have incurred some expense in physiotherapy treatment I want to inform the council of what has happened. I don't know who to contact at the council to complain about it (and have very little confidence in the process). Does anyone have any advice for me?

I have some advice for you.

Accidents happen unless you watch where you are stepping.

Beware of cobbles.

Beware of cobbles.

Here here!

Beware of cobbles.

Here here!

Where there is blame there is a claim......

Where there is blame there is a claim......

Even when the blame lies with the claimant.

A sprained ankle

Even when the blame lies with the claimant.

A sprained ankle ��

And for not looking where they were walking.

And for not looking where they were walking.

Sheffield roads have become so lumpy even when you are looking some places can be risky.

Yesterday I was looking and nearly went down on a slippery surface underneath a dark bridge.

Looking and paying attention does reduce risk significantly, walking unconsciously should be no excuse to blame council.

Beware of cobbles.

Errr yeh If you live on Coranation Street :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY

If you are looking for compensation you have to contact them with either 24 or 48 hours can't remember which other

Wise they will not entertain a cliam