Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

So why did you bother to post a link to pictures of girls in princess dresses - because you agree with them dressing that way or because you disapprove of it?

No.. the point being made is one of stereotyping. Blue is predominately a military/man/boy colour....Since when did you see a marine/cowboy/policeman/security guard dressed in pink?..its social manipulation.. bit like a jack ass dad telling his kids from birth that all darkies (putting it mildly)arent real hoomans...they actually grow to believe it..

The move isnt telling what or not to wear but protecting those to chose what they wear and what they please, even if a guardian allows his or hers to make choices from an early age...regardless of gender

Tell us what you'd do if your 6 yr old wanted to wear pink? Thump him? Belittle him? Give him a bottle of White lightning and tell him to be a man?...or would you advise him solely based on your own fears, bigotry..making it all about YOU and your irrational fears,.

The thing with bigots is.. they actually believe they protect what THEY see as 'convention' but in reality they're just archaic dinosaurs that cant get past the charge of the light brigade or Jim Davidson..its almost daesh mentality.

It isnt about pushing an agenda, its about protecting those from gender abuse from what seems like the likes of you..plus a few.

Guest makapaka
No.. the point being made is one of stereotyping. Blue is predominately a military/man/boy colour....Since when did you see a marine/cowboy/policeman/security guard dressed in pink?..its social manipulation.. bit like a jack ass dad telling his kids from birth that all darkies (putting it mildly)arent real hoomans...they actually grow to believe it..

The move isnt telling what or not to wear but protecting those to chose what they wear and what they please, even if a guardian allows his or hers to make choices from an early age...regardless of gender

Tell us what you'd do if your 6 yr old wanted to wear pink? Thump him? Belittle him? Give him a bottle of White lightning and tell him to be a man?...or would you advise him solely based on your own fears, bigotry..making it all about YOU and your irrational fears,.

The thing with bigots is.. they actually believe they protect what THEY see as 'convention' but in reality they're just archaic dinosaurs that cant get past the charge of the light brigade or Jim Davidson..its almost daesh mentality.

It isnt about pushing an agenda, its about protecting those from gender abuse from what seems like the likes of you..plus a few.

Ha! See my post above on cyclone and halibuts posts. Also read my posts on the thread.

What an offensive, obnoxious post aimed at someone you know nothing about.

Your post is the most bigoted post on the thread.

So why did you bother to post a link to pictures of girls in princess dresses - because you agree with them dressing that way or because you disapprove of it?

Are you following the discussion at all? You asked for proof that anyone dresses that way, he provided it. :roll:

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 23:29 ----------

They absolutely have said how people should and should not dress.

This is the problem with you and halibut - to push your own opinion forward - and to seek to win an argument - you frame other peoples arguments to suit your own. Normally interpreting people’s views to the extreme so your argument seems rational and the other implausible.

It’s why you’ve accused me of being worried about being gay and why I must have concerns or fears about the way other people dress etc. Neither of which are true.

It’s why halibut puts a google link of girls in princess dresses to somehow support an argument that this is how girls are dressed as the norm.

The manner of your responses are patronising - your own comments are described as “throwaway” when you realise it doesn’t suit your argument - but others are warned to choose their words more carefully if they want to be understood.

Just because I don’t agree with some of your points doesn’t make me homophobic or ignorant - much as I’m sure you’d like to think I am.

You can't actually explain what your concern is, so instead you keep trying to derail the discussion.

Gender stereotypes are real and they are harmful.

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 23:30 ----------

People can live and dress however they like for me. Take Frank Maloney for instance; I respect how he is now, I'll even happily refer to him by his chosen name which is Tracey. But I don't literally believe that he is a woman because he isn't, and why should he, you, or anyone else insist that I do?

Are you still confusing sex with gender, after 23 pages? :confused:

We all stereotype, it's part of the human condition. It's a cognitive function of the human brain. Stereotyping is one of the many ways in which we organise our thoughts.

Guest makapaka
Are you following the discussion at all? You asked for proof that anyone dresses that way, he provided it. :roll:

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 23:29 ----------

You can't actually explain what your concern is, so instead you keep trying to derail the discussion.

---------- Post added 23-09-2017 at 23:30 ----------

Are you still confusing sex with gender, after 23 pages? :confused:

Just a further example of you narrowing the argument to suit your argument - of course they can find an example of a girl in a princess dress - but you know fine well it was posted because they disapproved - so your comment that they aren’t suggesting how people should be dressed is wrong.

You keep saying I need to express my concern - I don’t have one - I do however have a concern with your posts that seek to frame people as homophobes or ignorants because they don’t agree with the points you make.

I’ve asked a few times how you dress your own kids, or how often you see girls dressed as princesses and boys as soldiers - but you don’t answer it.

andbreathes post above is a similar example of your type of argument - basically accusing someone of being a racist sexist bigot to force their point - without any justification.

Ironically asking when I last saw a policeman dressed in pink rather than blue - I’ve seen plenty of policewomen dressed in blue.

Edited by makapaka

Just a further example of you narrowing the argument to suit your argument - of course they can find an example of a girl in a princess dress - but you know fine well it was posted because they disapproved - so your comment that they aren’t suggesting how people are dressed is wrong.

You keep saying I need to express my concern - I don’t have one - I do however have a concern with your posts that seek to frame people as homophobes or ignorants because they don’t agree with the points you make.

I’ve asked a few times how you dress your own kids, or how often you see girls dressed as princesses and boys as soldiers - but you don’t answer it.

andbreathes post above is a similar example of your type of argument - basically accusing someone of being a racist sexist bigot to force their point - without any justification.

Ironically asking when I last saw a policeman dressed in pink rather than blue - I’ve seen plenty of policewomen dressed in blue.

He ain't got any most of these people arguing don't !

I will, cyclone doesnt have kids but that's irrelevant. As for ' girls dressed as princesses and boys as soldiers' thousands i would guess but more like hundreds of thousands, so not even sure of your point.

Tell me...take for instance a newborn boy...is it born Blue? Just to clarify in case you have difficulty with the question, i didnt mean Blue literally:rolleyes:Does the boy have a gendered Blueprint ? if you'll pardon the pun.

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 01:16 ----------

We all stereotype, it's part of the human condition. It's a cognitive function of the human brain. Stereotyping is one of the many ways in which we organise our thoughts.

Thoughts are innocuous...beyond that they become an action, thats when you take responsibility for that action.

Neither. There you go again with that rigid thinking.

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 06:52 ----------

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not a fan of truth, as ever.

Just a further example of you narrowing the argument to suit your argument - of course they can find an example of a girl in a princess dress - but you know fine well it was posted because they disapproved - so your comment that they aren’t suggesting how people should be dressed is wrong.

You're entirely missing the point, and trying (and failing) to mind read.

You're still busy arguing about something over which you have no concerns.

I don't believe you.

Perhaps you should think about the assumptions you're making then.

Presumably you were hoping to either go, "ha, see, you don't conform to gender stereotypes so they don't exist" or alternatively "ha, you conform to gender stereotypes, so you are part of the problem". Unfortunately you can't make either point.

Perhaps it's out of frustration with your refusal to actually make a point.

Do you believe that gender stereotypes exist?

Do you believe that they are harmful (assuming you said yes to the 1st question)?

What are you arguing against, do you even know? I can suggest a few things.

You don't care about the labelling of children's clothes (you've said).

Do you believe that some people are gender fluid?

Do you believe that gender is a social construct and not the same as sex?

You seem to desperately avoid making any point, and instead keep repeating your faux outrage that I mentioned you possibly feeling a little bit gay on buying a "womans" item of clothing, other than that, I simply can't see what points you have, can you explain?

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 08:39 ----------

Going back to your 1st comment on page 21, this was my reply. You've been unable to get past the "little bit gay" part of it ever since.

John Lewis haven't said that they're going to mix all the mens and womens clothes together and make you unsure if you've turned a bit gay when you buy something. Presumably that's your worry.

It is a bit of a buzz phrase, I agree, so stop worrying about, stop trying to control how other people live and just get on with your life. You'll still be able to buy clothes, they won't be hidden from you or mixed in with the bra section.

So, that's not what your worry, I've struck it through. You declared my post to drivel though, what about this post is drivel? What don't you agree with?

We all develop Schemas and stereotypes are part of that. However, we all reinforce are own Schemas and we disregard contradictions to our own ideas. So even if there is a huge amount of evidence that contradicts a stereotype a person has it is likely that said person will find ways to disregard or discredit that evidence to back up their own pre-existing beliefs.

It also effect how we remember things so we distort our memories of an event to suit our Schema.

Therefore stereotyping can have negative consequences. It does help us interpret the world around us and is necessary but it does mean it closes us all off to alternative ways of seeing things.

Guest makapaka
You're entirely missing the point, and trying (and failing) to mind read.

You're still busy arguing about something over which you have no concerns.

I don't believe you.

Perhaps you should think about the assumptions you're making then.

Presumably you were hoping to either go, "ha, see, you don't conform to gender stereotypes so they don't exist" or alternatively "ha, you conform to gender stereotypes, so you are part of the problem". Unfortunately you can't make either point.

Perhaps it's out of frustration with your refusal to actually make a point.

Do you believe that gender stereotypes exist?

Do you believe that they are harmful (assuming you said yes to the 1st question)?

What are you arguing against, do you even know? I can suggest a few things.

You don't care about the labelling of children's clothes (you've said).

Do you believe that some people are gender fluid?

Do you believe that gender is a social construct and not the same as sex?

You seem to desperately avoid making any point, and instead keep repeating your faux outrage that I mentioned you possibly feeling a little bit gay on buying a "womans" item of clothing, other than that, I simply can't see what points you have, can you explain?

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 08:39 ----------

Going back to your 1st comment on page 21, this was my reply. You've been unable to get past the "little bit gay" part of it ever since.

So, that's not what your worry, I've struck it through. You declared my post to drivel though, what about this post is drivel? What don't you agree with?

I don’t believe that how we buy clothes and dress our children has a significant impact on their life chances.

If someone wants to make provision in their shop for people who do that’s fine.

I don’t agree that if you question the need for it you should be called a racist bigoted homophobe capable of thumping their children.

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 09:45 ----------

Neither. There you go again with that rigid thinking.

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 06:52 ----------

Not a fan of truth, as ever.

So why did you then?

Edited by makapaka