Washers banging any ideas whats wrong

Ours was banging the other day when I put some towels in it on a hot wash, it doesn't usually on the economy wash, and it seemed to be when the water was switching on and off :confused:

Will not and I'm not going to disagree with you, you know your stuff, if I only had the £80 on hand I would definitely give you a call, I just know my own flippin bad luck, I just know in a couple of weeks or so, summat else would go wrong. :gag: so I would do what I said just go to Argos buy a new one and buy some peace of mind for the extra £70. Each to their own I suppose. Different example I saw reconditioned laptops for sale for £150, me again would go to Argos and buy a brand newy for £249. That just me. I havn't got loads of money or trying to show off, Its just my way, spend the extra and feel more at ease, and if owt goes wrong with the new purchasers, ARGOS get READY. :rant::hihi:

yup thats the modern way. Buy throw in bin buy again. Its a wonder the manufacturers don't deliberately make things break so that you have to keep buying new ones. Oh they actually do that? yes they do. After all they have managed through marketing to convince everyone that buying new gives peace of mind. BUt in my view I don't call buying a washing machine and not being able to fix it once the "guarantee" has expired peace of mind.

Edited by TimmyR

When I spotted the post title, I thought it was going to be an adaptation to the old joke

"Nut screws washers and bolts...."

yup thats the modern way. Buy throw in bin buy again. Its a wonder the manufacturers don't deliberately make things break so that you have to keep buying new ones. Oh they actually do that? yes they do. After all they have managed through marketing to convince everyone that buying new gives peace of mind. BUt in my view I don't call buying a washing machine and not being able to fix it once the "guarantee" has expired peace of mind.

well the heating element went on mine so I replaced that, then the bearings went. I was going to fix it but it would have took too much time and effort plus other bits like the controller board could go, so I thought id buy a new one and save some time and possibly money.

Could be something simple as overloaded or unbalanced load. Mine does this so I stop the spin open the door and rearrange the load as sometimes they get rolled into a large ball. When I've untangled the ball they spin normally.

My Indesit washer dryer was getting noisier & then suddenly started knocking and would not spin. Eventually there was a big bang & I rang around a few repairers who all said it'd be more cost effective to get a new one -£100 to fix or £125 from Currys for a new Beko washer.

It was only 3.5 years old. So I just bought a new, larger capacity Beko that was on offer with a higher spin speed. Wouldn't waste money on a combi washer again.

mine wont work at all came home to find my daughter had put a few things in and machine said se wont wash drain or owt light stays on door wont open im flummaxed

mine wont work at all came home to find my daughter had put a few things in and machine said se wont wash drain or owt light stays on door wont open im flummaxed

Turn it off and unplug it that way you should be able to open the door and get the washing out. Then close door, plug it in and turn it on again.

But to answer the OP, try a wash will less in as overloading is the general cause.

Edited by apelike