Learning to drive

My daughter is having driving lessons, her tutor wear a full face Niqāb.

She has told me about some questionable maneuvers, not using the handbrake when stopping and doing a u-turn.

Doing a u-turn in a driving lesson sounds strange.

Would my daughter be held responsible if this tutor turns out to be unqualified?

change tutor there is enough of them about

She has told me about some questionable maneuvers, not using the handbrake when stopping and doing a u-turn.

Would my daughter be held responsible if this tutor turns out to be unqualified?

Not using the handbreak when stopping and doing a U turn ? :huh:

Not sure why you felt the need to mention the Niqāb. If the instructor is doing it wrong it matters not what he or she is wearing.

Can you not ring the dvla and give them the company name to see if they're qualified?

Can you not ring the dvla and give them the company name to see if they're qualified?

It's the DVSA for one thing and a check of the green badge (in-date, photo I.d.) showing in the windscreen will establish the instructor's bona-fides. A pink badge suggests part-qualified instructor.

DVSA will more than likely have no record of the instructor's link with any driving school.

Not using h/b? No fault necessarily recorded if vehicle is kept under control. H/b on a wait (more than 3 seconds) is best practice, though.

U-turn? (Or turn-in-road?). What's wrong with a u-turn? (Depends on location?)

---------- Post added 19-09-2017 at 19:56 ----------

No, the instructor who takes monies or monies' worth for lessons without being qualified gets prosecuted.

Edited by DT Ralge

Could they not have a fraudulent badge though? It's amazing what people can get ahold of these days.

I was waiting to join the St Mary's roundabout (near Waitrose) a few days ago. Just when I thought it was clear this small red hatchback came whizzing around the roundabout at high speed. If I said it was almost on 2 wheels I wouldn't be exaggerating by much. A female driver was in Muslim dress. And then, I noticed on the roof, a name of a driving school. "Madinah". If that's how the instructor drives then Allah pity any poor soul that learns to drive with her!:gag:

I was waiting to join the St Mary's roundabout (near Waitrose) a few days ago. Just when I thought it was clear this small red hatchback came whizzing around the roundabout at high speed. If I said it was almost on 2 wheels I wouldn't be exaggerating by much. A female driver was in Muslim dress. And then, I noticed on the roof, a name of a driving school. "Madinah". If that's how the instructor drives then Allah pity any poor soul that learns to drive with her!:gag:

It is strange that, on occasions, some ADI's, truckers, van drivers, bus drivers, taxi drivers etc. forget that they are ambassadors for their business (with a fully-liveried vehicle) and that Jo Public will report them at the drop of a hat when their actions make them conspicuous.

I didn't think a U Turn was part of the driving test anymore, they don't even test on 3 point turn, its called 'a turn in the road' lol

I didn't think a U Turn was part of the driving test anymore, they don't even test on 3 point turn, its called 'a turn in the road' lol

She is looking for another instructor.