Deadline day transfers

Read an interesting article today; Wilder was filmed on transfer deadline day.Two deals were in the bag for season long loans ,Quina from West Ham and Sinclair from Watford.

Both players and all 3 clubs were happy with the situation, in fact Sinclair had travelled up to Sheffield .Then at the last minute Wilder gets a call from the agent representing both players effectively wanting double the money than had already been agreed.

The deals fell through and as Wilder pointed out the 2 players will be playing in front of 400 fans at U23 level next week instead of 40000 at the Stadium of Light.

How much money are these agents leaching out of the game? Its madness.

Read an interesting article today; Wilder was filmed on transfer deadline day.Two deals were in the bag for season long loans ,Quina from West Ham and Sinclair from Watford.

Both players and all 3 clubs were happy with the situation, in fact Sinclair had travelled up to Sheffield .Then at the last minute Wilder gets a call from the agent representing both players effectively wanting double the money than had already been agreed.

The deals fell through and as Wilder pointed out the 2 players will be playing in front of 400 fans at U23 level next week instead of 40000 at the Stadium of Light.

How much money are these agents leaching out of the game? Its madness.

Same thing happened with this lad.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-owls-finally-land-centre-half-as-johan-djourou-agrees-deal-1-8687674

Can't be right can it?

Players denied 1st team football because of greedy agents.

It's their own fault. The agent works for the player, not the other way round.

It's their own fault. The agent works for the player, not the other way round.

You'd think , I reckon all too often the tail wags the dog .

We shouldn't be signing dross in the first place but what is done is done.

I'm not sure dross is the right word Jim, but we have got history of signing players and not playing them.

I searched for SWFC Squad and further down saw a link for past Wednesday squads.

At one time we had (I think) 6 goalkeepers. I saw names I've never seen, or heard of before, and lots, I'm sure who never kicked a ball for us ........ ever!!

I'm not sure who chooses the potential signings, who monitors the player, and who ultimately rubber stamps the transfer, but somewhere in that chain, someone needs to go to the Job Centre.

Not long ago, we had Joe Mattock, Jeremy Helan, Pudil, then we signed Fox, then we signed Emmanuelson, and probably looked for another 2 or 3 left backs.

Thankfully, we didn't find any, so the surge of full backs stopped.

We have more in our squad than we've got in the military. :hihi:

I'm not sure dross is the right word Jim, but we have got history of signing players and not playing them.

I searched for SWFC Squad and further down saw a link for past Wednesday squads.

At one time we had (I think) 6 goalkeepers. I saw names I've never seen, or heard of before, and lots, I'm sure who never kicked a ball for us ........ ever!!

I'm not sure who chooses the potential signings, who monitors the player, and who ultimately rubber stamps the transfer, but somewhere in that chain, someone needs to go to the Job Centre.

Not long ago, we had Joe Mattock, Jeremy Helan, Pudil, then we signed Fox, then we signed Emmanuelson, and probably looked for another 2 or 3 left backs.

Thankfully, we didn't find any, so the surge of full backs stopped.

We have more in our squad than we've got in the military. :hihi:

The signing of Emanuelson always baffled me. He is past it, every Dutch football fan knows that he is, yet here he is. Very similar to Royston Drenthe (Who started life as a left back!) I am not sure what the appeal is with these free agents that haven't played competitively for some time.

Wow,doing business with West Ham again,that's a surprise.

If the bid for Coady was genuine,there is 2MIL + waiting to be spent here,and Wilder said he was hopeful of 4 players,so far we got 1,so who are we going to pay a substantial fee for?

So as far as I can see,we either were not prepared to spend the money in the first place,or we couldn't find any suitable player to spend it on after the offer was rejected.

We don't follow up the bid by going for another player for the same position,and from the video on deadline day,Cole was free,500,000 and then 1M,which we were not prepared to pay,so the Coady money wasn't going there.

Sinclair was going to be a loan so the money wasn't going there,Donaldson was quoted as being between 50,000 ad 200,000 so nowhere near what we were prepared to pay for Coady,and the centre half I would guess at a few hundred thousand,so again,nowhere near what would have bee a sensible bid for Coady.

So as far as a forward is concerned,we either could not find a player worth a million plus,or we are not prepared to spend it if the documentary is to be believed.

Also,if the Sinclair deal was as good as done for a week and he was keen to make the move,why was Wilder on the phone to him on deadline day afternoon trying to sell our club to him.They knew he had moved the goalposts on his move to Birmingham,so he had history,question marks against his character,when Wilder always makes a big thing about the attitude of a player wanting to play and not be sat in the reserves picking up a pay cheque for doing it.Looks like we didn't do enough homework on him,and now he's trying to cover his tracks because the programme made him look bad.

The whole thing to me looked false for a start why would any manager want to be filmed doing business,same goes for any player ,why was c/w telling a player

How we like to play football on the phone with only a hour to go to me its as if there was no one even on the other end of the phone all looked a bit false not professional

Edited by lien1