Middlewood Tramline Replacement.Job Well Done.

The tramlines from Middlewood Terminus to Hillsborough Park have now been replaced and everything is back to normal.As a resident of that area I was really pleased the expected traffic congestion never materialised,sensible diversions and one way systems made everything run smoothly.What really impressed me was how the workers grafted.I passed literally dozens of times and whether it was day or night there was nobody leaning on shovels,stood talking or generally lazing about,they were always hard at it it in extremely hot and dusty conditions.I know a few miseries complained about the noise, but this was a classic case of a small few being inconvenienced for the benefit of many.So thanks a lot to this excellent workforce,you have really earned every penny of your wages.

Nice to see a positive comment for the sake of it. I happen to agree, the diversions seemed to work ok, and the jobs done.

It doesn’t feel as rough when you leave middlewood (where the tracks cross) anymore. So I’d agree, job well done!

I too was pleasantly surprised that there was less traffic congestion although on a couple of occasions some stupidly with the traffic lights caused unnecessary delays (for example with the Park and ride closed and traffic only in one direction the lights were green for 5 seconds only) and during the first weekend the poor communication resulted in lots of cars doing U Turns

I can not say that I have noticed an appreciable difference in ride quality myself and neither have the conductors that I have asked but I am not questioning the work needed doing and we should be thankful the task was not given to Network Rail who I am sure would have overrun by more than the weekend