Distance between gas pipe and electric cabke

Any quilifed persons able to answer this question

What if any is the minimum distance underground gas pipe and electric cables should be apart .gas is in plastic pipe which in turn is in conduct pipe and I will be thinking about laying some pipe to run electric cable in as well

RED for elec / yellow for gas / BLUE water . water is supposed to be 2 feet down same gas

and elec but this can never be trusted so beware . Any new cable you put in must be covered by the appropiate plastic warning sheet . The answer to your question is it should be at least deep enough to save accidents in case any one is gardening and use your common sense do not put one at the side of each other and remember the warning covers

I'm not bothered about the depth as new cable will be about 4 foot down. It's the distance between the gas and the electric supplies I'm trying to find out

https://pse.com/accountsandservices/Construction/Documents/3061.pdf[/QUO

So there you are if must get yourself an approved electritiion in to have a look and issue a certificate on completion

The electric supplier will be doing the work as it involves digging road up ,I'm running pipe the cable will run inside

The electric supplier will be doing the work as it involves digging road up ,I'm running pipe the cable will run inside

So you are qualified too connect to mains supply gas :suspect:

So you are qualified too connect to mains supply gas :suspect:

You've misunderstood. The gas is allready connected up as it the electric cable but I need the cable moving as it does not run in a straight line in garden and where I want to place it is next or near to the gas main hence I was asking what's minimum distance between the two services

That is US site so not really relevant to uk regulations

Cadent gas networks say at least 300mm spacing.

I would have thought that the dno supplying the connection would be the best people to ask though.

Edited by Zarniwoop
added info

Oops thaught it was some kind of a quiz :suspect::D