Spearmint Rhino has licence renewed

you seem to excel at it instead of addressing the issues on plenty of topics so id say yes :D

What makes you say that ? :)

A great illustration of how the commodification of women's bodies encouraged by strip clubs and the like normalise the practice of judging and commenting on women's physical appearance.

I'd ask all the men in favour of strip clubs to seriously consider whether they would be happy for their daughter, sister or mother to take her clothes off in public for men's sexual pleasure.

I'd not want my daughter, sister or mother to do it while there are nasty people like you trying to shame them.

It's people like you who are the problem.

I’ve had to register on this forum just to say that you’re nearly all talking tosh.

Any dancers that work in the club aren’t employed by the club, they’re self employed and pay Spearmint Rhino to dance there.

They also give a percentage of what they get for each dance to the club.

No one forces them to do anything and most of them earn more than any of the blokes that work there.

I’m amazed that uninformed people can jump to the defence of others that actually need no assistance.

I’ve had to register on this forum just to say that you’re nearly all talking tosh.

Any dancers that work in the club aren’t employed by the club, they’re self employed and pay Spearmint Rhino to dance there.

No one forces them to do anything and most of them earn more than any of the blokes that work there.

I’m amazed that uninformed people can jump to the defence of others that actually need no assistance.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would you like your daughter to stick her hand up the poo pipe...

I can assure you this isn’t what happens, that’s a totally different night out and probably quite a specific clientele.

Guest makapaka
If I answer yes to that question then you will call me a prude; if I answer no then you will call me a hypocrite, so it is best not to answer!

---------- Post added 22-06-2018 at 17:57 ----------

Just because people don't agree with something surely it doesn't mean it should be banned / closed down! :rolleyes: What a dull world we would live in.

Maybe The Full Monty film should be banned! :o

If all you can come up with is the Full Monty as an equivalent to strip clubs that perfectly illustrates the argument - it's a comedy film with not a penis in sight!

---------- Post added 22-06-2018 at 18:02 ----------

You don't have to have seen something in the flesh, as it were, to be able to find out about it and have an opinion. There are plenty of testimonies online from former lap dancers. Of course the women who work there currently are going to be positive about it - they need to attract the business so they can keep their jobs. Fewer men would go there if they thought that the dancers might be underpaid, tired, bored, feeling exploited or worried where the next meal is coming from - it would spoil the fantasy that they are sexually available and interested in them.

Former lap dancers at the sheffield spearmint rhino? Put the links to these online testimonies on then so we can have a read.

When are you next on so we can come and support you, Minty ?

you really are a troll? there is no transaction going on, its entertainment pure and simple, not my idea of a good night out but hey live and let live!! i also understand some women and couples go:roll:

leave them to get on with it and also the girls to earn a very good living.

There really should be a transaction, money for dance, not to mention the entry fee in the first place. :roll:

---------- Post added 23-06-2018 at 09:34 ----------

Really? How is that going to happen then? Genetic engineering? :roll:

You must be very confused about what equality means. :roll:

---------- Post added 23-06-2018 at 09:35 ----------

This is spot on - this affects ALL women whether we choose to participate or support lap dancing clubs or not. The recent #metoo campaign showed just how many women have been the subject of sexual harassment and how far we have got to go to have a society where women are not viewed primarily for their sexual attributes.

No-one's answered my question about whether you'd be happy for your female relatives to work in such an establishment so here's another: would you be happy for your wife, daughter etc to walk alone at night past a lap dancing club where sexually charged men are congregating?

I did answer that, saying that I'd work myself if it paid well enough.

---------- Post added 23-06-2018 at 09:36 ----------

I would not let my other half walk ANYWHERE , alone in town at night

A relationship of equals clearly.

just like going to the cinema or theatre:roll::roll:

There's no transaction with an individual of course, but yes, the principle is the same. More like a personal trainer, or a plumber or a cleaner though, you're paying an individual to do something specific. That's the nature of the transaction.

You must be very confused about what equality means. :roll:

Or more likely, the person I was replying to is lol :hihi:

Or more likely, the person I was replying to is lol :hihi:

I meant equality in the social and political sense, I wasnt aware I was talking to someone who didn't understand that simple concept.

Today we celebrate what would have been Dame Cicely Saunders’ 100th birthday. The good that she did with her life is immeasurable. Not all women are capable of achieving such acclaim but they are all capable of doing much better in life than taking clothes off and ‘wiggling their bottoms’ in front of leering men.

Those who say that it is nobody’s business but that of the two consenting parties are mistaken. The attitudes that this type of thing engenders reaches out far and wide, in particular that women are just the sum total of their naked bodies, to be used by men.

Wrap it up any way you want - it matters not who exploits who. It is demeaning to the woman and to the men. We can all do better and perhaps one day we will but it won’t be just yet.

Or that women can dominate men by flashing a bit of ass and breast - who's really in control.