SWFC transfer rumours summer 2018

yup, although i think Madines worth more than Rhodes as hes probably scored more these days LOL

He got a few for Bolton but he hasn't scored a single goal for Cardiff although I saw him on TV provide an assist that seemed important at the time.

Reading that Andy Rhodes is leaving to become assistant manager at Oldham according to The Sun this afternoon.

Just as Pressman is available.

Reading that Andy Rhodes is leaving to become assistant manager at Oldham according to The Sun this afternoon.

Good ol daddys boy Jordan off to oldham then ..:hihi::hihi:

Jeez this forums boring why can ye post pics etc be much more interesting than just text and smileys lol

Just as Pressman is available.

Well Wednesday owe him one. Nineteen years service and never got a testimonial.

Lol if they want to improve attacking why sign Rhodes?

That's easily answered Mel, Rangers have a reserve team I assume.

Well Wednesday owe him one. Nineteen years service and never got a testimonial.

True Jim, ticks all the boxes for me.

Heard a rumour George Hirst off to Nigel Persons Oh Heuven .????

Good luck to him,PEARSON might be good manger to better is career

Good luck to him,PEARSON might be good manger to better is career

Im sure if he doe's go abroad the owls won't be eligible for compensation or even going to a tribunal

Good ol daddys boy Jordan off to oldham then ..:hihi::hihi:

Jeez this forums boring why can ye post pics etc be much more interesting than just text and smileys lol

I've often wondered about that too. There are few forums thesedays that are so strict as this one about lots of things. It's a pity really, I think some degree of control is necessary, but as someone who has set up and moderated other fora I think most people respond well to a gentle nudge here or there, rather than banning and wrist-slapping, or not being entrusted to act in an adult way.

I took on a forum some years ago and it had a profanity filter set up to stop people swearing. The problem is, it auto-corrected words even though they weren't swear words. So, you couldn't mention a certain town in Lincolnshire with a football club who's nickname is "The Iron" for example. You couldn't even type the name of a male hen without it being changed to something else. Oh yes, and the word "pig" was also in the profanity filter, so if you typed "pigeon" that was also altered to something else. The whole thing was a nonsense and ruined the reading of it. So I just set some rules and asked people not to swear and to behave responsibly. I would say 99% did.

---------- Post added 23-06-2018 at 08:28 ----------

Anyhow, I really came on here to have a peek at all the transfer activity that is going on down at S6. I see there isn't any?

I understand the most likely transfer activity is going to be players leaving, rather than joining?

What's the mood amongst Wednesdayites towards this coming season then? Are you going to blast your way to promotion, like you said last season, or are you expecting a tough time, what with all these high earners on the books and up against the FFP buffers?

And what about United's prospects? Are you going to be predicting the division will be too hard for them again this season and that they will go down, like many of you did last season, or do you think that they will more than hold their own again?

In the absence of any transfer activity I just thought it would be interesting to chat about this maybe?

Edited by DerbyTup