New Retail Quarter in the City Centre

" properly thought out" :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Lol, sensible rents.

I know... Even while I was typing, I saw the error of my ways! :hihi:

They, along with Manchester put their money on retail survival, only time will tell, if Sheffield had done the same, IMHO they would have just delayed the inevitable. As these retail giants carry on failing, I can’t see the bright future that some can see.

Leeds and Manchester do have large prosperous hinterlands, as well as being in larger conurbation areas than Sheffield. There's a huge swathe of prosperity to the north of Leeds - the Golden Triangle and much of North Yorkshire and to the south of Manchester the Cheshire stockbroker belts, which will keep their shopping and leisure areas going. Many of the residents in these areas will work in Manchester and Leeds. There isn't anything on that scale in and around South Yorkshire. Besides, it is convenient to get from Sheffield and South Yorkshire to Leeds and Manchester. For the shopping and leisure experience, Leeds and Manchester blind Sheffield, and will still blind Sheffield after the New Retail Quarter is completed.

Edited by pss60

Guest makapaka
It was good planning to have a large hotel along with a cinema a pub ,car park and retail around the perimeter. Just what a prominent site in in a major City needs ,Office blocks as the one now under construction are much more sensible when situated on the City centre edge due to parking as well as easy access .

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 19:25 ----------

Or in Meadowhall.

They built a cinema, shops and restaurants across the road - what are you on about?

Leeds and Manchester do have large prosperous hinterlands, as well as being in larger conurbation areas than Sheffield. There's a huge swathe of prosperity to the north of Leeds - the Golden Triangle and much of North Yorkshire and to the south of Manchester the Cheshire stockbroker belts, which will keep their shopping and leisure areas going.

And that's probably why the smaller towns surrounding it are suffering.

They built a cinema, shops and restaurants across the road - what are you on about?

Nearly forgot the T.V studio.

i went to leeds for a day wow the shopping is fantastic we need a trinity in the city centre a massive wasted oppertunity with srq

Guest makapaka
Nearly forgot the T.V studio.

Is it a long time since you went to town Albert?

Just a thought seeing as its quiet on here . We all know they are building a new office block for the bank but when is the rest of the NRQ due to be started ?

Just a thought seeing as its quiet on here . We all know they are building a new office block for the bank but when is the rest of the NRQ due to be started ?

To some its a case of "look at the Kings clothes":hihi:

Guest makapaka

It’s not going to be started is it? They canned it and said they would be doing it in stages starting with the charter row development.

It’s not going to be started is it? They canned it and said they would be doing it in stages starting with the charter row development.

I know they have changed the name Again but when is the rest of it supposed to start ?