Black Bins: Are Monthly Collections on the Horizon?

Guest makapaka

Does everyone know that this story came from someone saying they spoke to someone on the phone who said it was going monthly - and then the council said it wasn’t going monthly?

If you Phone them 5hey will come back and empty it

No despite the fact that my bin was left in the same place it has always been left for the last 15 years just by the pavement but on my drive) they say that they are not allowed to collect bins left on private property. Odd that this has never previously been a problem. They have told me I must put them on the pavement and create a hazard for blind people and those in wheelchairs.

Strange however that they collected neighbors bins that had been in the similar positions on their drives but guess what, for data protection reasons they can not discuss this.

So take a video of it happening next time and then put it on youtube, the publicity will soon change their behaviour.

---------- Post added 23-06-2018 at 10:50 ----------

I don't have a current blue bin.... I only have a normal black bin!!

Did you misplace it?

So take a video of it happening next time and then put it on youtube, the publicity will soon change their behaviour.

I doubt it. they are secure with a ridiculously long term contract and have no concept of customer service. Of course should someone trip over a bin/blue box I wonder if they would accept responsibility

Given this stupidity I have made a formal complaint that all too often I have to search for where they have left my bin as all to often it is left outside my neighbors house as they are meant to return the bin to the place where it was left

Did you misplace it?

Maybe it blew away?!

Whoever designed the blue bins so slim and tall should go back to school, I'm at Greenhill and when the wind gets up on blue bin days, They're all over the road!! :o

I had to stand our neighbours blue bin up twice last week when it got a bit windy, Luckily the contents stayed inside!! :thumbsup:

Biggsy :)

The council do not care about the consequences rules are rules.

If they blow on to the road (especially the boxes after they have been emptied) as they often do where I live after they have been emptied the council will no doubt say you should not go to work or go out until the collection has been made or that it is a traffic calming initiative.

Maybe it blew away?!

Whoever designed the blue bins so slim and tall should go back to school, I'm at Greenhill and when the wind gets up on blue bin days, They're all over the road!! :o

I had to stand our neighbours blue bin up twice last week when it got a bit windy, Luckily the contents stayed inside!! :thumbsup:

They're not a very practical shape for putting paper and card into either. You can get a more in the boxes, as you can lay stuff flat it them.

They're not a very practical shape for putting paper and card into either. You can get a more in the boxes, as you can lay stuff flat it them.

And with the way the plastic covers have disintegrated, when it's windy the paper and card blows away and there's more room in the box :thumbsup:

Guest makapaka
No despite the fact that my bin was left in the same place it has always been left for the last 15 years just by the pavement but on my drive) they say that they are not allowed to collect bins left on private property. Odd that this has never previously been a problem. They have told me I must put them on the pavement and create a hazard for blind people and those in wheelchairs.

Strange however that they collected neighbors bins that had been in the similar positions on their drives but guess what, for data protection reasons they can not discuss this.

It's probably because if they said they don't need to be on the pavemetn then some people wouldn't bother to put their bin out - expecting the bin men to come and get it.

Then when they didn't come and get it they would ring and complain.

So you have to put your bin on the pavement for them to collect it and that's that - what exactly is the problem again?

Maybe it blew away?!

If it is windy I put mine behind the fence and watch for the binmen as I can usually hear them about 5 minutes before they get to my house, then I go and put it out

It's probably because if they said they don't need to be on the pavemetn then some people wouldn't bother to put their bin out - expecting the bin men to come and get it.

Then when they didn't come and get it they would ring and complain.

So you have to put your bin on the pavement for them to collect it and that's that - what exactly is the problem again?

1. I try to avoid blocking the pavement to make life easier for the disabled, the blind and kids in push chairs

2. For 15 years they have collected my bins from the same place without complaint

3. as above they blow over/away -wind usually blows up along the pavement whereas where I have always left them there is a bit more protection to stop them blowing over

and

4. I am talking about the bins being left although on my property close enough to the pavement that the bin people do not need to step on my property not being left for the bin men to have to hunt

If it is windy I put mine behind the fence and watch for the binmen as I can usually hear them about 5 minutes before they get to my house, then I go and put it out

Tricky if you're at work to do that.