Redevelopment of Hillsborough

Throw in the lidl store plan for Malin Bridge plus a new housing estate up Loxley and we'll have gridlock.

Ah the joy...

Correct...And to boot our house prices are suffering to boot..Yeah...Result.:mad:

Told me there would be parking where the car park was for the Old Blue Balll. !

The drawing of the front elevation clearly shows the building extending all the way from the Shakey to the bank. There's no room for parking at the front.

The drawing of the front elevation clearly shows the building extending all the way from the Shakey to the bank. There's no room for parking at the front.

No room for the current Holland and Barrett and Wilko, both to be demolished during development.

No room for the current Holland and Barrett and Wilko, both to be demolished during development.

From the plans it looks like card factory will go, along with all the places opposite up as far as home bargains.

Can't see the plans being much of an improvement to the shopping experience if I'm honest. It'll be like a dingy tube station entrance on Bradfield road, complete with folding metal gates.

Where is the Lidl at Malin Bridge planned to be built?

Scrub that! I used Google ;0

Be pretty handy having one down their!

So did we,

I'm not sure having road facing balconies on such a busy road as Bradfield road will fit in with Labours city Manifesto on Clean Air Strategy.

I asked Josie Paszek a couple of days ago on the current Facebook thread about the 78 flats, what she planned to do about Hillsborough corner and the local pedestrian crossings, they are horrendous with frequent accidents occurring and her plans to improve safety around the centre of Hillsborough?

Typical no response,

I hope the guy that was struck by a bus today makes a full recovery.

if you are in her ward then contact her by email facebook isnt really the place to have a converstion with a councillor.

all the accidents i have witnessed at the crossings have been down to idiots unable to distinguish between a red and green man or ignoring the lights altogether

So we lose Holland and Barrett, Wilko's and with Farm Foods also closing across the road to be replaced by yet another charity shop, then Hillsborough goes even further downhill.

Correct...And to boot our house prices are suffering to boot..Yeah...Result.:mad:

I thought Hillsborough house prices were doing ok, any round my area seem to sell quickly too.

if you are in her ward then contact her by email facebook isnt really the place to have a converstion with a councillor.

all the accidents i have witnessed at the crossings have been down to idiots unable to distinguish between a red and green man or ignoring the lights altogether

Why, when she conducts herself through Facebook, already 1st to comment on the new proposed Lidl store, even though it's not in her Ward, throwing scorn on Lidl laughable as at the same time ignoring concerns in her own ward......my new take is just get on a develop everything, it's all good isn't it? :D

Edited by steve68
P.s I'm off for a run around Hillsborough Parks imaginary dedicated running track thatwas listed as her great achievements

She's a complete waste of time one of my neighbours e-mailed her raising concerns about parking when Tramlines is on. She didn't reply to her just passed her details to Tramlines.

I was up in Sheffield visiting my family for the festive season and was interested to read a couple of articles in The Star, about future plans to redevelop the Hillsborough shopping area.  It's about time - and could completely transform the area.... provided the planners get it right and make sure that there are the right sorts of shops, outlets and facilities to suit the local demographic.

It's currently quite a good area to do a "food shop" - There's the big Morrison's - and any number of butchers, bakers, pork shops  etc on the High Street. There's plenty of tat shops, plenty of charity shops - plenty of budget outlets like BM, Poundland, Home Bargains etc.  They all seem very popular and well used,  but there's nowhere (apart from that  crappy Peacocks in The Precinct)  to buy decent clothes, underwear or whatever - so  I've long believed  that a Marks & Spencer clothing and food store would do really well in Hillsborough - with so many old folk round there. They love M&S, but can't make it to Meadowhall or Fargate any more!

Also, although the majority of the population using Hillsborough are the "olds" - I also see that there is a much smaller, but growing influx of younger and wealthier  " professionials"  moving to that part of town - so maybe a few "organic/wholefood" type  stores or caffs would do well too?

I'll be interested to hear what anyone else thinks about this proposed Hilsborough upgrade.

44 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I was up in Sheffield visiting my family for the festive season and was interested to read a couple of articles in The Star, about future plans to redevelop the Hillsborough shopping area.  It's about time - and could completely transform the area.... provided the planners get it right and make sure that there are the right sorts of shops, outlets and facilities to suit the local demographic.

It's currently quite a good area to do a "food shop" - There's the big Morrison's - and any number of butchers, bakers, pork shops  etc on the High Street. There's plenty of tat shops, plenty of charity shops - plenty of budget outlets like BM, Poundland, Home Bargains etc.  They all seem very popular and well used,  but there's nowhere (apart from that  crappy Peacocks in The Precinct)  to buy decent clothes, underwear or whatever - so  I've long believed  that a Marks & Spencer clothing and food store would do really well in Hillsborough - with so many old folk round there. They love M&S, but can't make it to Meadowhall or Fargate any more!

Also, although the majority of the population using Hillsborough are the "olds" - I also see that there is a much smaller, but growing influx of younger and wealthier  " professionials"  moving to that part of town - so maybe a few "organic/wholefood" type  stores or caffs would do well too?

I'll be interested to hear what anyone else thinks about this proposed Hilsborough upgrade.

I agree with you about having a M&S At Hillsborough.  I’m sure Pattricia who posts on here tried to get a petition for M&S to open a shop in the Hillsborough area but it seems to be their policy to close shops at the moment so I can’t see that happening just yet but you never know. 

I live in Newcastle but when I visit Sheffield I stay in Hillsborough and I could live there.  I think it seems to be a mixed age group area now to when I lived near the area.

I wonder if that is why Morrison’s in Hillsborough now sell adult clothes they realise there is a market for it in the area.  They don’t sell clothes here in the Newcastle area, only children’s.  The Morrisons at Hillsborough is probably the larges of all their stores I’ve been in so it could be one reason why they sell adult clothes.