Electric black cab

It's not good for your health, I don't think anyone disagree's with that.

Claims that tens of thousands a year are dying from it (in this country) I find hard to swallow though.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/images/smilies/confused.gif

Many other cities have far worse pollution, you'd expect millions to die each year there right??

Somewhere between 0 and 100 000 people die by inhaling air polluted by diesel fumes in the UK annually. Obviously a ridiculous statement, but with the actual number somewhere in between this sometimes emotive subject is often manipulated by vested interests.

There is scientific evidence that particles in the air contribute to respiratory disease, and exposure to more particles results in more risk. Tens of thousands of people die from respiratory diseases every year.

There is scientific evidence that particles of certain sizes have a disproportional effect.

Exhaust from diesel engines contain significant quantities of these sized particles.

The level of these particles in the air are linked to the proximity and capacity of roads.

Analysis of the particles themselves shows that a significant proportion are the result of the combustion of hydrocarbons typically found in diesel.

A death certificate will not contain the statement saying "...death due to respiratory disease caused by inhaling diesel combustion particles." Neither will a death certificate contain the statement saying "...death due to respiratory disease caused by inhaling tobacco combustion particles".

You can add up the number of people dying from respiratory disease and it amounts to consistent 100 000 a year in the UK and rising.

Analysing the contributory effect of diesel particles now becomes statistical.

Was it the carpet fibres, natural radiation, the smoking, the diesel fumes, factory dust etc., or was it a combination of these factors and other health issues?

Correlation with cities across the word is usually pointless because you have to take into account poverty, life expectancy, health care, type of pollution, vehicle ownership and type, climate, geography and seasonality.

Analysing the contributory effect of diesel particles now becomes statistical.

Was it the carpet fibres, natural radiation, the smoking, the diesel fumes, factory dust etc., or was it a combination of these factors and other health issues?

You say statistics but I hear guesswork :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I agree though, the numbers are manipulated to suit the users interests.

In that case, we better insist that they are very noisy.
I’m not buying one unless it has customisable sounds (think ringtones) and I can make it sound like the Jetsons’ family car :D

I’m not buying one unless it has customisable sounds (think ringtones) and I can make it sound like the Jetsons’ family car :D

Tie Fighter for me please.