Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Freemasons..harmless eccentrics or tools of the Devil?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

14-02-2018, 14:28   #81
smithy266

Total Posts: 4,527
In all the Lodges I have attended, I have never seen an image of an owl.
This thread has become quite ridiculous.
14-02-2018, 15:50   #82
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 4,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy266 View Post
In all the Lodges I have attended, I have never seen an image of an owl.
This thread has become quite ridiculous.
There is a lot of bull crap talked about Freemasonry, from both conspiracy theorists saying everything about it is dodgy, and those who are members that paint nothing but a rosy picture.
_______
A great philosopher once wrote naughty naughty very naughty hahahaha
14-02-2018, 18:13   #83
ENG601PM

Total Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna B View Post
Dear God, how pathetically pedantic can you get? If I cannot get the exact terminology right it's because I am not a Mason, I therefore bow to your greater knowledge on the minutiae of Freemasonry, I take it you are..

None of this detracts from the facts that David Duckenfield by his own admission was a Mason, and this was thought by QC Michael Mansfield (and the Hillsborough victims families,) to have a bearing on the case.

" Duckenfield became a Mason in 1975, had been part of the organisation for 14 years at the time of the Hillsborough disaster, becoming a Worshipful Master of his local Lodge a year later.'
'At the time it was not seen as acceptable to be a senior policeman and a Freemason.' ... Can you tell me why not?
'Hillsborough Commander (Duckenfield) was in same Lodge as the officer he replaced (Brian Mole)

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-...was-freemason/

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...d-same-8124374

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nic-conspiracy

Now what exactly was wrong enough to garner your description of 'a load of cobblers?'

To get back to the original point of the Thread (remember that?) IMO Freemasonry and other influential secret societies are open to claims of corruption in high places, and therefore have no place in government organisations.
The thing is, you need to make a case that any of this matters at all. You've not done that. nobody cares
14-02-2018, 18:29   #84
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 4,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENG601PM View Post
The thing is, you need to make a case that any of this matters at all. You've not done that. nobody cares
JFK wasn't a fan.

https://youtu.be/FnkdfFAqsHA
_______
A great philosopher once wrote naughty naughty very naughty hahahaha
09-05-2018, 17:02   #85
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 58,266
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
interesting look around an abandoned freemasons mansion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHRPT0jcHs
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
10-05-2018, 12:05   #86
Longcol

Total Posts: 14,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hartley View Post
JFK was talking - at the height of the Cold War - about Russian Communism, not Freemasons.

The full text of the speech can be found here;

https://pastebin.com/f65d4172a

You'll note the youtube recording conveniently misses out the early part of the speech about Marx.
_______
Helping people escape from Rovvrum since 1991.
10-05-2018, 12:41   #87
Calahonda

Total Posts: 704
I was a YMCA member in the 60ís when it was situated on the corner of Fargate and Norfolk Row. It was a great place, good coffee bar, football team, ladies membership, snooker room etc. The membership came from all areas of Sheffield, however I later discovered that many of the S10/S11 residents went on to become Freemasons, I donít know any of the none South West members who were invited to apply for membership, I have often wondered if the membership criteria is based on where you are brought up. I have lived in South West Sheffield since 1976, have done a lot better than some of the guys who I know to be Freemasons, but have never had an invite to join, albeit I would refuse on the basis that secret societies donít interest me.
10-05-2018, 13:47   #88
Anna B

Total Posts: 10,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENG601PM View Post
Well they should.
Nobody cares until it affects them directly, and when Masonry is allowed to seep into public life and do things like skew justice and affect decisions then it is affecting everyone.
10-05-2018, 15:11   #89
catpus

Total Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to catpus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Mort posted in the enquiry thread to point out this one, so I'm guessing it is actually allowed... Until someone slanders them at least...
Why would you even consider slandering something you know nothing about.
Very simply, call into the Lodge on Shore Lane and ASK.
Things that are 'hidden' as you call it, are the rituals, which are archaic and daft..IMO
They are basically very good men and women who do work tirelessly for the community and charities.
Though I have no doubt at all that there may be some who are only in it for what they can get for themselves. Just like a cross section of any society?
Generally, it is OK by me if they want to play Secret Society Boys Club....
You can join if you have a mind to... all you need is to know someone who is already a member... and they recommend you...
Many of my family are members and there is nothing Satanic about them.. They are just really good guys...

The OWL is the symbol of the Skull and Crossbones Club... a completely different entity to the Masons... more like the Bullingdon Club a group of privileged, self important silver spoons.

---------- Post added 10-05-2018 at 15:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna B View Post
Well they should.
Nobody cares until it affects them directly, and when Masonry is allowed to seep into public life and do things like skew justice and affect decisions then it is affecting everyone.
I think it might be the case that some judges are also masons, and more often than not, senior police officers are?
Can you give me an example where masons have skewed justice please.

Last edited by catpus; 10-05-2018 at 15:19. Reason: edit
Reply To Topic