Dr Who filmed in Sheffield

It is terrible in almost every way.

For a couple of years it got good, but the most recent series have been atrocious.

The 10 to 14 year-olds (both boys and girls) in my extended family enjoy it but hope it improves.

The BBC makes a fortune selling around the world.

I’m flattered.

He’s a Time Lord, he could pick anywhere in the universe, at anytime ever . . . and he chose Sheffield in the 1960s

He usually picks a quarry near Bristol for some reason.oh yes its near the studio.

For a couple of years it got good, but the most recent series have been atrocious.

The 10 to 14 year-olds (both boys and girls) in my extended family enjoy it but hope it improves.

It stopped being good when Matt smith hung up his bow tie. I watched the last xmas special that had been hanging around my sky box like an unloved quality street. It was rubbish, really rubbish.

Writing has gone to pot. Whether the new lady doctor (who they've decided to outfit like she got dressed in the dark) can spark a bit of life into it I don't know.

I have tried to watch it more than a few times but I just cannot get into it, I agree though, it is a very big money earner for the BBC and is globally popular, I must be missing something.

The problem is the show hasn't really gone anywhere. Its too repetitive. I still watch it but don't love it.

Edited by AlexAtkin

It is terrible in almost every way.

i agree, ive not watched it since about Colin Bakers time lol, i prefer other stuff, but like i said, the eldest is 19 now and shes loved it since she was about 10, shes recently rewatched the lot (new set, not the old classics)

i agree, ive not watched it since about Colin Bakers time lol, i prefer other stuff, but like i said, the eldest is 19 now and shes loved it since she was about 10, shes recently rewatched the lot (new set, not the old classics)

Wow, she's a long termer, I think once you get into it you stay with it, for me dropping in and out is no good because there is so many things about it I dont understand.

well we had the premiere tonight on the tv wheres all the locations and good to see the lane on the fly by .

saw a bit of it tonight, looked good tbh, not really watched dr who since the classic old series'

Missus thought it was filmed in sheffield, then she saw the bus station etc

wheres all the locations and good to see the lane on the fly by .

I think that the opening scenes were shot at Wharncliffe Crags overlooking Deepcar.

well we had the premiere tonight on the tv wheres all the locations and good to see the lane on the fly by .

I found it boring, confusing and repetetive. How disappointing can’t see this getting good reviews.

For a programme that used to be for children there seemed to be lot of death and an all but incomprehensible plot, but maybe it was always that way?

It seemed to get very dark very quickly between finding the object in the quite light woods and climbing into the train in total darkness. Not sure what happened to the guard or conductor on the train but it isn't possible to lean out and open the doors on any trains operating between Hathersage and Grindleford.