Redmires Special School

I have an Ordnance Survey map from 1947 showing 'Redmires Special School' on the site of the prisoner of war camp on Redmires Road. Google tells me that it was there in 1923, and so predates the WWII camp. There is also a government archive mention of a 'council open air school' proposal from 1921 but I cannot access the record.

Does anyone know more about this school?

EDIT Some research at the University helps a little:

"a massive extension of the system was in fact proposed in 1920. The city had acquired Redmires Camp with its wartime prisoners' hutments and land on a beautiful site on the edge of Derbyshire and had grandiose plans to develop it into an open air residential school for at least 600 children. Unfortunately in 1921 any further expenditure was forbidden by the government and after repeated attempts to begin work on the scheme it was finally dropped in 1926." (Turner DA, The Open Air School Movement in Sheffield doi: 10.1080/0046760720010105)

Whiteley Woods, Springvale House and Bents Green were 'open air schools' in Sheffield in the 1930s, but Redmires was not.

Edited by PeteM01
New information