Sheffield Arena noise Wincobank

I'm looking to move across the city, possibly around the Wincobank area.

Anyone know if gigs at the Arena can be heard at night and how much of a disturbance this is?

Thanks. :)

Not a chance at all.

Wincobank is a decent place to live. Just don't go around teaching at Firth Park or Fir Vale school.

Enjoy.

I'm looking to move across the city, possibly around the Wincobank area.

Anyone know if gigs at the Arena can be heard at night and how much of a disturbance this is?

Thanks. :)

Nothing can be heard from the arena but when there was Don Valley stadium, which was an open air venue, sound could be heard from that. When the Rolling Stones played there in the early nineties I could faintly hear it from Longley.

No you don't get any noise at all in Wincobank from the arena.

Nothing can be heard from the arena but when there was Don Valley stadium, which was an open air venue, sound could be heard from that. When the Rolling Stones played there in the early nineties I could faintly hear it from Longley.

I heard it at Greystones.

It's OK, we bulldozed the stadium to discourage big bands from playing in Sheffield, so they all play in other cities now.

The Arena makes no noise now, as Leeds Arena has taken all the gigs. Enjoy the peace and quiet!

It's OK, we bulldozed the stadium to discourage big bands from playing in Sheffield, so they all play in other cities now.

The Arena makes no noise now, as Leeds Arena has taken all the gigs. Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Total urban myth that.

Total urban myth that.

Leeds Arena has 40 events currently listed.

Sheffield Arena has 20 events currently listed.

I'd say that says all we need to know.

I'd side with Paula on this one.

Leeds have been known to snap up one or two events I was going to attend that are regulars for Sheffield.

Not sure what you're on about Andy if truth be told. :hihi:

Guest makapaka
I'd side with Paula on this one.

Leeds have been known to snap up one or two events I was going to attend that are regulars for Sheffield.

Not sure what you're on about Andy if truth be told. :hihi:

I think he means the myth that there are no longer any worthwhile events at the arena which isn't true.

I think he means the myth that there are no longer any worthwhile events at the arena which isn't true.

Give it a couple of years and the cultural graveyard that is Sheffield will have killed it off. It's shocking how many concerts/events used to happen here in the early/mid 2000s compared to now.

Sheffield seems to actively try and kill off all culture, while Leeds, Manchester, even Nottingham do their best to encourage it.

Guest makapaka
Give it a couple of years and the cultural graveyard that is Sheffield will have killed it off. It's shocking how many concerts/events used to happen here in the early/mid 2000s compared to now.

Sheffield seems to actively try and kill off all culture, while Leeds, Manchester, even Nottingham do their best to encourage it.

That's not true either is it.

What and who in Sheffield is killing culture?