Update on Birdwell roundabout roadworks

How much longer will these roadworks take. I have to use it everyday. Hopefully traffic will flow better when completed but at the moment its a nitemare.

Patience

Work is due for completion in the summer, so any time between now and when autumn begins.

The worst is yet to come i'm afraid. Next phase is due to start where they swop traffic over to the new bits of road.

Once done it should hopefully be better.

Traffic was even worse yesterday evening due to a lorry over turning outside KFC. I just cant wait until its completed.

Anybody been round these 2 new roundabouts this week? I went a couple of weeks ago, and from Hoyland I had to take a left turn at the first roundabout, then veer off down what looks like a works access at the second one to get to Birdwell...is it still the same do you know? The signs didn't make much sense...one said no access to Birdwell!!

the works are progressing and the bits on the j36 roundabout look to be pretty much finished.

From what I can see, the only thing this new layout will do is delay the movement of traffic. Perhaps the idea is to slow the traffic getting to the bypass roundabout to reduce queues? I reckon all it will do is move the queues to a different place.

How much longer will these roadworks take. I have to use it everyday. Hopefully traffic will flow better when completed but at the moment its a nitemare.

Plenty of quiet country lanes you can use to avoid the area

How do I get from Hoyland traffic lights (by the garage)e to the other side of Birdwell on the back roads..does anyone know?

How do I get from Hoyland traffic lights (by the garage)e to the other side of Birdwell on the back roads..does anyone know?

why would you want to?

the new road layout will improve traffic flow immeasurably

If it's ok now that's great - but it all looked a bit chaotic when I went there the week before last...are you saying I can now get straight into Birdwell from the new system? if so I am a very happy bunny, thanks!!!

It has been a real pain to negotiate around it. Time it was all done and dusted.

Angel1.