Blades new goalkeeper

United get keeper on loan till end season from Chelsea to be honest never heard of him big lad at 6ft 6 hope he's ok anyone any info on him

Still no news on Simon more and how long he will be out

Edited by lien1

In the world of football - as many as you like.

After Gerald Houllier turned down Wednesday for Liverpool and Walter Smith went to Everton 24 hours after shaking hands with Dave Richards, Danny Wilson stepped into the breach and guess what? He was Wednedsday's number one target all along. :)

After Gerald Houllier turned down Wednesday for Liverpool and Walter Smith went to Everton 24 hours after shaking hands with Dave Richards, Danny Wilson stepped into the breach and guess what? He was Wednedsday's number one target all along. :)

What is a 'Number one target' as Chris Wilder seems to have had two of them or is this a general football term ?

What is a 'Number one target' as Chris Wilder seems to have had two of them or is this a general football term ?

They must have been joint No.1

Ha ha, you see it often in football, it doesn't help in today's world where every word is recorded and scrutinised.

But I feel he is just trying to give a young keeper a bit of confidence.

I suppose it may be number 1 target for net and Stearman number 1 target for defence.

Either way, I don't know all that much about him, but welcome him as we do any other player.

Ha ha, you see it often in football, it doesn't help in today's world where every word is recorded and scrutinised.

But I feel he is just trying to give a young keeper a bit of confidence.

I suppose it may be number 1 target for net and Stearman number 1 target for defence.

Either way, I don't know all that much about him, but welcome him as we do any other player.

Perhaps he meant 'he's our No.1 (as in goalkeeper) target'. :)

It is about time the loan system was more regulated , Huddersfield gained promotion last season due to a large influx of loans from the Premiership not fair on clubs who pay their own way and so are at an unfair disadvantage.

A lot of the loans come down to who you know helping mates out etc.

Reserves should be just that ready to step in when a regular first team player is injured.

It is about time the loan system was more regulated , Huddersfield gained promotion last season due to a large influx of loans from the Premiership not fair on clubs who pay their own way and so are at an unfair disadvantage.

A lot of the loans come down to who you know helping mates out etc.

Reserves should be just that ready to step in when a regular first team player is injured.

Huddersfield got promoted because they had a manager who managed his budget (and his team) spectacularly well. What they did was open to all 24 clubs in the division so where is the unfair advantage?

The loan system does need regulating but not for those reasons. It's getting ridiculous when Chelsea is running a sub-business with about 40 players out on loan at any one time, most of which they know will never get anywhere near the first team.

Edited by Jim Hardie
Grammar

Huddersfield got promoted because they had a manager who managed his budget (and his team) spectacularly well. What they did was open to all 24 clubs in the division so where is the unfair advantage?

The loan system does need regulating but not for those reasons. It's getting ridiculous when Chelsea is running a sub-business with about 40 players out on loan at any one time, most of which they know will never get anywhere near the first team.

Spot on, it is a system to be used effectively if you can to your own benefit.

But there should be a limit to outgoing loans, just like there is to incoming loans. That would make players think twice about who they are joining if there's a chance that they may only ever get to play reserve team football.

Yes Jim and as for Chelsea's 'Youth academy', I can only think of two players (tho' there must be more) that in the last few years that advanced to the first team; John Terry and that was in 1998 ! and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who they think so highly of, is on loan at Crystal Palace. Of course all clubs have the right to loan players out. Yes I think the rules should be changed.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Simon Tracey will always be the king between the sticks at Bramall Lane

Bring him back