Your 2017/18 Season Forecasts

With the new season now only days away and most of the dull pre-season games out of the way, whats your forecast for your team this time around:

Sheffield Wednesday - Our biggest problem is recruitment, top heavy in some departments, light in others. We are defensive cover, a midfield general and a pacey winger away from being real contenders, the transfer window is still open so will these positions be filled - who knows.

My prediction - Top 6 but not top 2.

Sheffield united - I fully expect united to carry on the momentum from last season and get off to a good start, the Championship is a real slog with hardly an easy game, the test will come if they get injuries or lose a few and confidence is hit, I'd be slightly worried about where the goals will come from if I was a supporter.

My prediction - A decent mid-table finish.

I expect Wednesday to be challenging for the automatics this term...One or two defensive additions to the current squad and i think we'll be ok..

Obviously the style of play didn't please everyone last term,but the main thing is to win games and i'd take that over performance every time.

It took Brighton and Chris Houghton three years to crack it and hopefully its third time lucky for Carlos....

Would expect Villa,Fulham and Derby to do well also this season....the likes of Leeds,Norwich,Wolves and Hull with relatively unknown new managers at the helm may take time to gel...

Don't think either have good enough squads to challenge for top 6, expect both to be bobbing about in the middle section of the division.

Wednesday 3rd, behind Boro and Villa.

United 13th.

Barnsley to be relegated.

Going for it.

Wednesday 2nd

United 10th

Barnsley 15th

Don't think either have good enough squads to challenge for top 6, expect both to be bobbing about in the middle section of the division.

Interesting....Wednesday's squad was good enough the last two seasons and its practically the same one as last year...:huh:

Whatever happens with regard to signings, i fully expect the Owls to be up there challenging for a playoff spot, again at least. Would be good to get a top two position but i,ll settle for another crack at the play offs with a positive outcome.

As for the Blades i see nothing more than finishing it the bottom half.

Interesting....Wednesday's squad was good enough the last two seasons and its practically the same one as last year...:huh:

I don't think it's moved on and I think other teams have.

My turn alrite guys Mooks back for another bout of good banter..

As for us l think we may get to top two...but only if the new players gel 30 odd mill spent deserve to get decent season once again.

Heart says yes go for it

Brain says struggle to get going.

As for the owls think some more transfers is a must if ye going to challenge for the top 6 cant understand why hardly anyones come in..

As for Utd well l think top ten is a very good season for you it might be to tough for a good charge for top six.

But as normal wish both clubs a great season be interesting no doubt..

The big clubs will be up there come the end of the season, Villa, Boro, Sunderland and Hull. Out of those I can see Villa and Boro doing the business via automatic.

I think for the playoffs we'll see the best of the rest in Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland and Hull.

I think the Blades will finish anywhere between 15th and 21st, we'll flirt with relegation at some point but do enough to survive. We'll have games where we get a good battering and there will be times where we will surprise a few clubs. Tickets arrive for the Brentford game the other day and I can't wait.

COYRAWW

With the new season now only days away and most of the dull pre-season games out of the way, whats your forecast for your team this time around:

Sheffield Wednesday - Our biggest problem is recruitment, top heavy in some departments, light in others. We are defensive cover, a midfield general and a pacey winger away from being real contenders, the transfer window is still open so will these positions be filled - who knows.

My prediction - Top 6 but not top 2.

Sheffield united - I fully expect united to carry on the momentum from last season and get off to a good start, the Championship is a real slog with hardly an easy game, the test will come if they get injuries or lose a few and confidence is hit, I'd be slightly worried about where the goals will come from if I was a supporter.

My prediction - A decent mid-table finish.

Think Wednesday between 4-8th.

United somewhere between 6-11th.

As you quite rightly point out, the Championship aint easy, most Unitedites can remember how difficult and unpredictable it can be.

You only have to look how many big teams (eg Villa) are involved, that have recently played in the Premiership (some still with parachute payments).

Will be harder than ever, to get in the top 6 alone.

Theres been little activity from Wednesday, whilst United have done some freshening up for competition for places.

I'm sure there will be some hangover from the Play Off defeat. How CC and the team handle it remains to be seen.

United meanwhile, enter the season with impetus and confidence.

A successful season for Wednesday will be to finish in the top 6 again, whilst United need just the stability of a finish anywhere near mid-table.

Wednesday have the experience. United have optimism.

Should be a great season ahead I reckon.

Dark horse - Fulham.

Think Wednesday between 4-8th.

United somewhere between 6-11th.

As you quite rightly point out, the Championship aint easy, most Unitedites can remember how difficult and unpredictable it can be.

You only have to look how many big teams (eg Villa) are involved, that have recently played in the Premiership (some still with parachute payments).

Will be harder than ever, to get in the top 6 alone.

Theres been little activity from Wednesday, whilst United have done some freshening up for competition for places.

I'm sure there will be some hangover from the Play Off defeat. How CC and the team handle it remains to be seen.

United meanwhile, enter the season with impetus and confidence.

A successful season for Wednesday will be to finish in the top 6 again, whilst United need just the stability of a finish anywhere near mid-table.

Wednesday have the experience. United have optimism.

Should be a great season ahead I reckon.

Dark horse - Fulham.

There's been little activity as not a lot is needed and there will be players in before the window shuts, the last "play off hangover" resulted in a top 4 finish, I'd take that again.