Best pies in Sheffield? Family friendly

I would like to know where is the best place to buy pies. Thanks

Cafe Pie in Walkley does fantastic homemade pies, served with delicious gravy, spiced cabbage and mushy peas and is definitely family friendly.

Depends what sort of pies you're looking for, I guess. The best pork pie I've tried so far has been from Beres' - and I also like the the pork pies from Waterall's in the new(ish) Castle Market. However the Beres' and Waterall's pork pies taste so very similar and are so similarly nice, that I suspect that they may both "buy them in" from the same manufacturer!

When it comes to steak and kidney, chunky steak... or chicken and mushroom pies, I think Morrison's "in-store" bakery's versions are pretty good - nice light, crisp, shortcrust pastry, plenty of moist, tasty filling.

The very best pies are the home-made ones though....if you can be arsed with all the time-consuming faffing about involved!!

The pies (and sausage rolls) found here are by some distance the best I've ever tasted

http://openhost.sheffieldpieshop.co.nz/

Bit of a trek but worth it.

Edited by KidA
Missing words

Depends what sort of pies you're looking for, I guess. The best pork pie I've tried so far has been from Beres' - and I also like the the pork pies from Waterall's in the new(ish) Castle Market. However the Beres' and Waterall's pork pies taste so very similar and are so similarly nice, that I suspect that they may both "buy them in" from the same manufacturer!

When it comes to steak and kidney, chunky steak... or chicken and mushroom pies, I think Morrison's "in-store" bakery's versions are pretty good - nice light, crisp, shortcrust pastry, plenty of moist, tasty filling.

The very best pies are the home-made ones though....if you can be arsed with all the time-consuming faffing about involved!!

Wateralls are based at 2 Percy Street in Neepsend. Pop down and see how they make the pies. (Bought In indeed!)

Edited by Lurgh Mor

The pies (and sausage rolls) found here are by some distance the best I've ever tasted

http://openhost.sheffieldpieshop.co.nz/

Bit of a trek but worth it.

New Zealand is quite a trek, me pie would be cold by time I got home!

Beres don't buy them in, they make their own....

Take a run out to dobbies garden centre or arrow farm shop! And pick up some meadow fresh pies! Best pies I've ever tasted

Edited by allwednesday

What's a family friendly pie?

Maybe they wanted the thread to be family friendly, you know how pies can bring out the worst in people, I'm sick of seeing pie based violence and bad language.

Maybe they wanted the thread to be family friendly, you know how pies can bring out the worst in people, I'm sick of seeing pie based violence and bad language.

Entirely agree, perhaps that's why they never made (or stopped doing so), Kray brothers ,Mooney gang or Millwall football club pies.