The best hot roast pork sandwich in Sheffield?

I know that the "best pork sandwich in Sheffield" discussion has been done to death over the years, but given that the ubiquitous pork sarnie is such an integral part of Sheffield's culture, I think it's always worth getting the discussion going again. I don't think that anyone can give a truly definitive answer on what the absolute "best" is. I mean - unless you've visited every single pork sandwich shop in Sheff and sampled their wares, how would you actually know for sure??

All I can say, from my visits to my home town over the past couple of years, is that you would have to go a long, long way to beat the pork sarnies served by the rather wittily named "L's Kitchen" in Wisewood .... a really generously-portion of beautifully roasted pork, in a proper breadcake, with a scoop of lovely crispy roast potatoes chucked in for good measure! I always loved taking the family dog for a walk over Wadsley Common, getting a pork sarnie at L's Kitchen, then wandering a couple of hundred yards down the road to the Wadsley Jack, sharing the sarnie with the dog and washing it down with a pint of Tetley's. Delish!

Yes had pork sarnis from places like Lilly's beres etc but never had one from this place now you've told us about the roast potatoe on it I've not heard of that before from a pork shop had it at home though I will be making a special trip across the city to try this place out thanks.

I like Béres pork sandwiches mainly because of the dip they use

That sandwich sounds amazing Firethorn1 !!!! Might have to make a pilgrimage across the city to try one . We've always been Beres fans here . My son in particular is a huge fan . He's lived in LA for the past few years and the first thing he wants when he comes home is a Beres jumbo with everything , a bag of crackling , a small tub of dripping and some bread cakes ! He's even got his girlfriend and her family hooked on them now . When they visit , they go back down to London with a huge carrier stuffed with Beres finest. Only one little niggle is clouding the horizon now . The crackling ! Oh what have they done to it ?!! It used to be thick , tasty and with just the right amount of crunch but not so much you feared for your expensive dental work . Now , it's a thin , plastic hard travesty that I daren't even taste for fear of doing mischief to my porcelain crowns . Even my lad has sadly admitted defeat and no longer has his sandwich " with everything" . Anyone any ideas of what's gone wrong ?

That sandwich sounds amazing Firethorn1 !!!! Might have to make a pilgrimage across the city to try one . We've always been Beres fans here . My son in particular is a huge fan . He's lived in LA for the past few years and the first thing he wants when he comes home is a Beres jumbo with everything , a bag of crackling , a small tub of dripping and some bread cakes ! He's even got his girlfriend and her family hooked on them now . When they visit , they go back down to London with a huge carrier stuffed with Beres finest. Only one little niggle is clouding the horizon now . The crackling ! Oh what have they done to it ?!! It used to be thick , tasty and with just the right amount of crunch but not so much you feared for your expensive dental work . Now , it's a thin , plastic hard travesty that I daren't even taste for fear of doing mischief to my porcelain crowns . Even my lad has sadly admitted defeat and no longer has his sandwich " with everything" . Anyone any ideas of what's gone wrong ?

They stopped using proper crackling a good few years ago. The stuff they use now is similar to pork scratchings. I stopped asking for it at the time and just have dip these days.

Still a top class sandwich though.

I have tried to like the Beres style sheffield pork sandwich but it never seems to agree with me...think its maybe the stuffing...

Think I much prefer a slow cooked pulled pork style sarnie anyway over the Beres cured , roasted and sliced pork.

Eten is the best I have had for a long time. And served on a lovely Wellbeck bakery breadcake.

Just polished one off from Kings - Near the old Castle market - Down the side on B&M and Wilkos - bloody lovely - decent size, good crackling and all for £3 - Winner in my eyes!

Just polished one off from Kings - Near the old Castle market - Down the side on B&M and Wilkos - bloody lovely - decent size, good crackling and all for £3 - Winner in my eyes!

My missus brought two from there the other day, they would have fed a family of six and were everything a good pork sandwich should be, having tried the rest these certainly get my vote.

Me and my dog must give Kings a go then it sounds reyt great !

Recent topic Pork Sandwiches, I had a brilliant pork sandwich last week, the pork was carved lots of stuffing and crackling. The shop was on Attercliffe Rd near post office stellas its called, they do them on tues and thurs i think