South Yorks Police in trouble again

Five men have appeared in court accused of misusing the camera on a police helicopter to film people who were naked or having sex.

Two serving police officers, a retired police officer, a current pilot and a retired pilot were arrested as part of a South Yorkshire Police investigation.

Reports had been made that the force's helicopter had been used for inappropriate filming, Sheffield Magistrates' Court heard.

All five are charged with misconduct.

Maybe the filming of people having sex was just evidence gathering:hihi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-36259647

Five men have appeared in court accused of misusing the camera on a police helicopter to film people who were naked or having sex.

Two serving police officers, a retired police officer, a current pilot and a retired pilot were arrested as part of a South Yorkshire Police investigation.

Reports had been made that the force's helicopter had been used for inappropriate filming, Sheffield Magistrates' Court heard.

All five are charged with misconduct.

Maybe the filming of people having sex was just evidence gathering:hihi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-36259647

When the court case resumes we will find out if the men are guilty or not guilty of misusing the camera. Gathering evidence could be one explanation for their actions. :suspect:

I wonder who decides that something of this nature has to go through court as opposed to being dealt with internally. Not sure how that could work with the Ex officers though.

What sort of action can we expect in the next "Police, Camera, Action!" DVD?

I wonder who decides that something of this nature has to go through court as opposed to being dealt with internally. Not sure how that could work with the Ex officers though.

Would that be the CPS?

Would that be the CPS?

Investigating police deide if they have the evidence , then put it forward to the CPS who make the decision. hardly the biggest crime in the world.

Investigating police deide if they have the evidence , then put it forward to the CPS who make the decision. hardly the biggest crime in the world.

I cant see what the fuss is about either. There's much worse going on. If you're bothered about being seen naked, don't go naked. A helicopter isn't exactly quiet and unobtrusive is it?

Have you not just answered you own question!?!

The helicopter log book going missing which grounded it for a while seems to have gone very quiet.

I cant see what the fuss is about either. There's much worse going on. If you're bothered about being seen naked, don't go naked. A helicopter isn't exactly quiet and unobtrusive is it?

Seriously? The report doesn't state that the people being filmed were in a public place, what if they were in their homes? And what a waste of public money, the chopper is very expensive to run.

Seriously? The report doesn't state that the people being filmed were in a public place, what if they were in their homes? And what a waste of public money, the chopper is very expensive to run.

If they took the helicopter on a private jaunt then I agree with you. Is that the suggestion here? If they happened to film whilst on their way to a job then that's quite different.