Deliver furniture from IKEA

I don't get it, at the Leeds IKEA you can take the trolleys into the car park? You can even take them into the car park in the picture you posted.

I don't get it, at the Leeds IKEA you can take the trolleys into the car park? You can even take them into the car park in the picture you posted.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a picture of the 'warehouse' customer loading bay where the really bulky items have to be picked up from...I can assure you, there isn't an option to wander off with the trolleys...

People moaning about delivery costs from IKEA really fail to put a value on their time in my view. If you know what you want to order, then saving travel time, shopping time and fuel costs is more than worth the delivery cost. Plus, their delivery windows and communications are good, so you won't be waiting around all day (and even if you were at home, you could do something productive with that time). Even with the delivery charge the large furniture items represent decent value.

People moaning about delivery costs from IKEA really fail to put a value on their time in my view. If you know what you want to order, then saving travel time, shopping time and fuel costs is more than worth the delivery cost. Plus, their delivery windows and communications are good, so you won't be waiting around all day (and even if you were at home, you could do something productive with that time). Even with the delivery charge the large furniture items represent decent value.

In my particular case it was a non-starter anyway...As I'm not at home during the day in the week...So no matter how efficient their delivery window is, it's not going to help.

Most man and van do Ikea runs we do but the one in Sheffield opens in September.

I agree with stifflersmom,i do collections and deliveries all the time and £35 from leeds is quite cheap when you factor in all the costs like fuel,wear and tear,time etc.

I ordered some Besta units the other day, delivery surprised me at only £7.50. Only specifies a day though, not a time.

I think £35 for a settee and chair delivery isnt bad at all! when you take into account the size of it, two men, fuel and insurance etc..

But like someone else said, it depends on how much you value your own time.. i'd much rather spend £35 paying for someone else to deliver so i can crack on with other things - like binge watching Game of Thrones!!!!! :D