S1 - ponds forge/ Pond Street - bridge renovations - road works

just letting people know that the council are currently doing renovation work on the bridge , and they have closed the 'normal' road ( coming off park square roundabout heading towards ponds forge, and added a small "track " - in other words they used most of the payment to serve as the "track"... ) which is meant to serve as a "road". For the most part things have been fine however since lorries(wilko/B& M etc /coaches/royal mail vans also come down this route - when they have its caused massive tailbacks onto the roundabout.

This work is allegedly meant to last for the next 7 weeks or so... we have also been informed that there is meant to be workmen there to direct/assist lorries 24 hours a day - whether this happens remains to be seen !

Yes. I drove over the track today. Now, that's what I call a metalled road; it felt like a cattle grid.

Lorries etc. need to stop short of it (e.g. for deliveries at the Marriott Hotel).

I been down past today and there is a work man from amey helping people plus them lorry have always been a problem down there as they are to big for them small roads

I just hope that- once the bridge repairs are done and once the workmen stop digging their endless hole opposite the sorting office- the entire road might be resurfaced.

At present, it's like driving on a moonscape surface.

I just hope that- once the bridge repairs are done and once the workmen stop digging their endless hole opposite the sorting office- the entire road might be resurfaced.

At present, it's like driving on a moonscape surface.

I cycle up it each night.....right hand side offers the smoothest ride.