Sheffield potter to recreate a favourite mug?

I have a favourite mug with a special shape that makes it difficult to spill when I get clumsy at my desk.

Can't seem to find another like it online or offline. Does anyone know of a clever potter nearby to Sheffield who might be able to create something like it?

I used to do pottery classes at Hillsborough College. Maybe ask there to see if you can get someone to recreate it. Or what about this http://www.arthousesheffield.co.uk/pottery-courses/ the course leader presumably is a potter, or maybe some of the students could help.

I'm sure there must be other potters in Sheffield.

Thank you both so much! I'll take a photo of the beloved mug once it gets out of the dishwasher and send it to the address. Appreciate you taking the time to write.

I have a favourite mug with a special shape that makes it difficult to spill when I get clumsy at my desk.

Can't seem to find another like it online or offline. Does anyone know of a clever potter nearby to Sheffield who might be able to create something like it?

I'm intrigued.....are you saying its the base or the top of the mug that stops it spilling. I can't imagine a design the helps prevent spilling unless it has a lid. :confused:

The key thing is it is bottom heavy.

It's shaped with a very wide base, a narrow middle (about 2/3 of the way up), and then a slightly wider top. If you're careful to only fill it to the narrow part, there's plenty of room at the flared top so it doesn't spill over even if you slosh it a bit.

If you remember what the cooling towers near Meadowhall looked like, you'll have the general idea.

I prefer fine china mugs for tea but I do have some Denby mugs which suit your description. Have a look at Craftsman mugs by Denby. You can get seconds from the factory shop if you do t want to pay full price. I have picked almost new items up on eBay or gumtree.