Finding the right email provider

(sorry for being dim), no it was just 1 email to 1 person.

thank you

Danielle

Do other email addresses work out when you email them? If so then what probed has put about being blacklisted is probably correct. Each email recipient will have a blacklist run by their email hosting company in simple terms, so Microsoft will have a blacklist, gmail and so on. It's possible that somehow you've ended up on a blacklist for the NHS emails and for GMail but that others you are on hence the mails getting to some people but not to others.

Also, an undelivered error could also mean the email address is wrong. I am assuming you've checked that though!

Most likely the Server reputation if you do not have your own Dedicated IP address - I would recommend trying a relay service like smtp2go which is what we use for sending out important stuff.

Or asking BlueHost to set you up a dedicated IP with reverse DNS + SPF & DKIM. They should know what this all means :)

It is a likely cause that you are on a blacklist and the IP reputation is poor, smtp2go or a similar relay should fix this or BlueHost on their end.

Edited by HostOX

Perhaps the fact that the host is called 'Blue Host' could be being blocked because of the word 'blue'?

If you want secure e-mail the best thing to do is to register a domain as suggested above - I use Serif Web Hosting and have access to 10 email addresses if I so wish. And the passwords allow use of non-standard characters unlike standard ISP's that don't offer this service. I don't know how Blue Host operates but suspect it's higher paying client's will get priority.

Perhaps the fact that the host is called 'Blue Host' could be being blocked because of the word 'blue'?

If you want secure e-mail the best thing to do is to register a domain as suggested above - I use Serif Web Hosting and have access to 10 email addresses if I so wish. And the passwords allow use of non-standard characters unlike standard ISP's that don't offer this service. I don't know how Blue Host operates but suspect it's higher paying client's will get priority.

Not sure I really understand the first paragraph swarfendor?

As said most likely its a shared host, others on the server have been spamming so the whole IP has been blacklisted.

Either moving to a dedicated IP, seeing if they will move to another shared sever, or changing host should solve the problem.

The problem with moving to another shared server either with the same host or another one is that the same thing could happen again. Might not though but just something for the OP to think about.

Slightly confused by the post. Bluehost.com is quite a big hosting service so saying they're going to get blocked because of the word 'blue' which is a colour and nothing to do with anything that would be blocked is odd.

Also I've used bluehost previously for email and had this problem, as Love2print says because of shared hosting another user causing the shared host to be marked as spam. Also don't understand your comment about passwords, all hosts I've ever used allow strong passwords, plus I can have unlimited email addresses and unlimited forwarders. 10 email addresses if pretty poor.