Lead pipe in council property

positive,,verified by 2 plumbers and inspector

---------- Post added 06-08-2017 at 10:32 ----------

if it was missed it was on purpose as it would have been known to be there during the refurbishment

---------- Post added 06-08-2017 at 10:32 ----------

if it was missed it was on purpose as it would have been known to be there during the refurbishment

Maybe it was missed on purpose because they might not be required to replace it. Check with the council. As I wrote previously the levels of lead in your water might be within acceptable levels.

The mains pipes down your street and into your house are probably still lead anyway, so the little ones in your house won't make much difference. Other than new build estates, the majority of the country still has lead pipes. It's one of those silly scare things like radon.

Just run the tap for a few seconds before you start pouring it into a cup, and don't drink from the bathroom sink.

The mains pipes down your street and into your house are probably still lead anyway, so the little ones in your house won't make much difference. Other than new build estates, the majority of the country still has lead pipes. It's one of those silly scare things like radon.

Just run the tap for a few seconds before you start pouring it into a cup, and don't drink from the bathroom sink.

And don't use the hot water from your hot tap to fill up the kettle or for cooking. The lead in the pipes is much more likely to bleed through the interior coating of lime and corrosion on the pipe if the water is hot, so fill your kettle with fresh cold water, not hot water.

And don't use the hot water from your hot tap to fill up the kettle or for cooking. The lead in the pipes is much more likely to bleed through the interior coating of lime and corrosion on the pipe if the water is hot, so fill your kettle with fresh cold water, not hot water.

Not drinking water from the bathroom taps comes from the days when you had a water tank. The water could have been sitting stagnant which is why you shouldn't drink it. Although I have done so many times and lived, I suspect the risk isn't normally that high.

If the OP has a combi bolier then they won't have a tank. Perfectly safe to drink out of of the cold water tap in the bathroom.

The ones down the street are unlikely to be lead but the ones from the main and inside the home as the OP has found can be. Homes built after 1970 shouldn't have lead pipes.

If the OP was that concerned they could get their water tested for lead levels. As I said previously chances are the levels are within safe limits. This may also help the OP.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dwi.defra.gov.uk/consumers/advice-leaflets/lead.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjTiJeJlOXVAhWFZlAKHSyWCmUQFghKMAI&usg=AFQjCNHCcXjB-iMTmuuuLMxmJCIV9oLKUw

https://www.yorkshirewater.com/drinking-water

Someone should tell all the plumbers merchants, as lead locks, the copper to lead connector are sold everywhere, We had one fitted about a month ago, so I doubt they are actually illegal, more a best practice.

I think they already know. I could be wrong about this, but I think it links to what another poster said about acceptable levels. While some components are still made up of lead e.g. parts of the solder, they are generally not in direct contact or contain such low levels that it is deemed acceptable.