Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland 16/08/17

Yes Jim, two tough away games at Fulham and Burton Albion (have the Owls ever beaten them ?) And the League cup at Bolton. If Wednesday lose all three, then I think serious questions have to be answered. Not in the words of the then -1970- chairman, Matt Sheppard (?). And when relegated from the First Division, "Sheffield Wednesday will never be in this league position again'. He was somewhat right as it did take a few seasons for them to emulate that.

Actually, not quite as hard as I thought. For some reason I thought it was Fulham and Cardiff coming up.

I think Matt Sheppard's famous quote came at the end of season 1973/74 when we finished fourth bottom of Division 2. We finished bottom the following season. :)

Watched the last 15 mins of the first half. Sunderland could have made it 2 with a bit more composure in the box. Did Sunderland sell all their allocated tickets does anyone know ?

Questions surround Westwood coming out for the first goal :huh:

Sold 2.700 Good turn out for us as its the third away game in 6 days.