Housing advice help!

I hAVE JUST SPLIT UP FROM MY PARTNER WHO IS IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING BACK TO GERMANY. WE SIGNED A NEW 12 MONTH TENANCY AGREEMENT IN JUNE. I AM WORRIED SICK THAT I WILL HAVE TO PAY A YEARS WORTH OF RENT NOW. I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THE PROPERTY TO LIVE THERE AS I HAVE ALREADY MOVED OUT. NON OF THIS IS MY FAULT NOT MY DECISION TO SPLIT. I I COULDNT MOVE BACK IN IT WOULD BREAK MY HEART. TENANCY IS IN MY NAME. PRIVATE RENTED HOUSE. I PRESUMED THATI WOULD JUST HAVE TO PAY ONE MONTHS RENT AFTER I LEAVE AND PUT THE HOUSE IN ORDER AND THEN GET MY BOND BACK AM I RIGHT . PLEASE HELP I AM WORRIED SICK ABOUT THIS .

Read your tenancy contract.

Does it not detail period of notice required?

You can't end a fixed-term tenancy early unless your landlord agrees or there's a break clause in your agreement.

You can't end a fixed-term tenancy early unless your landlord agrees or there's a break clause in your agreement.

That's right. Get in touch with the landlord and get the facts.

A friend of mine had this issue. We helped advertise the property in every place we could think of (SF, Gumtree, shop windows etc) and soon found a tenant. The landlord was then happy so it was all sorted. That's your best course of action if there is no break clause in your contract.

You must speak to the landlord personally a.s.p. Explain your situation may cost you a bit but he will want to help i am sure .