Diabetic problem ??

I did NOT ask for opinion I asked whether people were getting required equipment or not. Personal opinions are irrelevant.

Well, in my opinion, that is a rather arrogant statement. This is a forum where people are free to say what they want and give their opinions.

I repeat, until we know what level of diabetes you are asking about and what level you have it's an irrelevant thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbill View Post

I did NOT ask for opinion I asked whether people were getting required equipment or not. Personal opinions are irrelevant.

Well, in my opinion, that is a rather arrogant statement. This is a forum where people are free to say what they want and give their opinions.

I repeat, until we know what level of diabetes you are asking about and what level you have it's an irrelevant thread.

Yes it is...and.... Yes they are...I would say the level he has is Type 2 probably controlled by tablets...Metformin..or diet,otherwise the equipment he requires would be given free of charge if type 1 Insulin Dependent...I now find bigbill totally irrelevant too..stay cool :cool::cool::cool:

The clinician looking after the patient, in my opinion, is best suited to advise whether blood sugar testing is helpful in managing the condition. Obviously the type of medication being prescribed is important but also the lifestyle and degree of understanding by the patient himself/herself is a factor. I once knew someone on a minimum dose of tablets who became upset (and used to phone his GP surgery for advice) if his blood sugar reading went very slightly outside, almost always above, the range he had come to regard as "normal". I believe that the very act of blood testing caused him more anxiety and distress than having diabetes itself and, as most of us know, his readings always returned to "normal" with no intervention by him.

If you are diabetic 2 they do not class you as being in need of testing machines as your pancreas will still be producing insulin albeit not enough and with proper diet and exercise and losing weight and everything else they tell you then you should be able to control your diabetes with the help of tablets.

On the other hand if you are diabetic 1 then your pancreas has ceased to make your own insulin and you are dependent on insulin injections and a testing machine is a necessity. Diabetes 1 usually occurs in infancy and childhood for the rest of their lives although Theresa May found out she was diabetic 1 later in life.

T1 - the insulin producing cells are destroyed by the body's immune system. Insulin injections correct this.

T2 - insulin production unaffected, but cells' insulin receptors become unresponsive to insulin. Tablets bypass the receptor.

T1 - the insulin producing cells are destroyed by the body's immune system. Insulin injections correct this.

T2 - insulin production unaffected, but cells' insulin receptors become unresponsive to insulin. Tablets bypass the receptor.

Yes I know all this.

Been to the quacks this morning for a B12 injection and while talking to the Nurse she told me that the Practise has stopped doing fasting bloods. I always thought this was one of the main tests for detecting Diabetes.

Angel1.

Been to the quacks this morning for a B12 injection and while talking to the Nurse she told me that the Practise has stopped doing fasting bloods. I always thought this was one of the main tests for detecting Diabetes.

Angel1.

I believe the hba1c test is now done - a far more accurate and specific blood test

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hba1c%20meaning&pc=cosp&ptag=C1N13ABE91C7D8F5&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3210127

It is a screening and diagnostic test for those suspected are having diabetes.

I believe the hba1c test is now done - a far more accurate and specific blood test

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hba1c%20meaning&pc=cosp&ptag=C1N13ABE91C7D8F5&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3210127

It is a screening and diagnostic test for those suspected are having diabetes.

That sounds ok, it seems we are still getting screened then. Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Angel1.