Performance or Wins

I remember Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Sheffield United and many, many teams getting 2's, 3's and 4's regularly. I'm not checking it, but I'll wager our most common score was 1. Wow!

I remember Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Sheffield United and many, many teams getting 2's, 3's and 4's regularly. I'm not checking it, but I'll wager our most common score was 1. Wow!

Huddersfield had one of the lowest goal differences ever for a promoted team, you just need one more than the opposition.

Huddersfield had one of the lowest goal differences ever for a promoted team, you just need one more than the opposition.

In fact Udders got through the Play Offs without actually scoring a goal from open play...

Ok, you win.

0-0 and 1-0 all the way.

Enjoy the season. xx

And then complain that Rhodes only scored 3, Forestieri was top scorer with 5, and the others chipped in with a goal every 8th game.

Thrilling season ahead.

Shame I'll miss most of it.

Get looking for that key Carlos ................................

That,s two of us who won,t be regulars. My reason is i have other things to do outside of footy, they can have saturdays with a three k.o with the occassional midweek game but i no longer want to go to a game any day of the week just to suit television etc.

I remember years ago QPR coming to Hillsborough already champions if I recall correctly. It was one of the most boring games I ever saw and QPR won 1 - 0 they just ground out a result by killing the game no entertainment whatsoever.

Edited by iansheff

Was 1 - 1 at Hilsborough, was Huddersfield goal a penalty I can't remember.

It was an og.

Was 1 - 1 at Hilsborough, was Huddersfield goal a penalty I can't remember.

Huddersfields goal was an own goal by Tom Lees....so whilst your correct..

they didn't actually score a goal from open play in the three play off games...including the final..

Huddersfields goal was an own goal by Tom Lees....so whilst your correct..

they didn't actually score a goal from open play in the three play off games...including the final..

oh right cheers.

Ok, you win.

0-0 and 1-0 all the way.

Enjoy the season. xx

And then complain that Rhodes only scored 3, Forestieri was top scorer with 5, and the others chipped in with a goal every 8th game.

Thrilling season ahead.

Shame I'll miss most of it.

Get looking for that key Carlos ................................

If it leads to promotion most won't be bothered.

As Wednesdayites we've seen enough dross over the years..!!

All we want is a winning team and if that comes with stylish free flowing football fantastic...

Unfortunately Carlos is in a no-win(excuse the pun) situation....free flowing football and lose...the fans are on his back....dour,hard to beat but winning games...the fans are on his back....

I want to see my team win every time.....if that's at the expense of a decent performance so-be-it...

Yes, I admit CC can't please everyone, but if we had a pop at teams and had 15 shots, 8 on target and lost 3-2, I'm sure the fans would enjoy the game more than the present bobbar. The truth is, if we went at teams properly, we'd win or draw more than we lost ('cos we're good enough).

Towards the business end of the season, may be a more measured approach could/should/ may be used to see us over the line.

I'm just trying to remember when we 'really' played free flowing football' and lost?

Be honest, apart from the recent Chezzy win, 'free flowing' was a long, long, time ago. Except for when we went 1-0 down to Derby, and we responded with some great entertaining stuff. Got to 2-1 up (great!) then reverted to what most of us don't want to see.

I realise Carlos is in a difficult job. In my opinion, 'classing' our way through it is the way to go. Why should a squad of our quality be scared of any team in this League?

Just get on with it, steamroll the League, and be on the beach by April.

---------- Post added 13-08-2017 at 11:24 ----------

'Glowing' reports of our pre-season games and the two League games we've played, don't fill me with any confidence.

Just re-read this thread and thought I'd mention the great performance and very good win against L***s. Was it not the most enjoyable game of the season so far?

Square and back passes were kept to a minimum, victory was uppermost for the majority of the game, and L***s had no answer (and they're a good side)

I prefer (and demand) entertainment, and (hopefully) favourable results as opposed to drab, boring tippy tappy.

I hope we continue in the same vein after this horrible International break.

Can't wait to be honest ....................................

Edited by Hotmale 1954