Panasonic remote

I hope anyone can help me with a problem, i have the Panasonic DMP BDT270 Blue Ray dvd player, the batteries needed changing in the remote control and replaced them with 2 new duracell batteries. For some reason the remote no longer works with the new duracell batteries so i replaced them with the original batteries i took out and still no joy, i bought a brand new identical panasonic remote ( not a universal remote ) and with 2 new batteries still no remotes working, does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be.

Any help would be really appreciated

Many Thanks

Are you sure its the remote that is faulty, it could be the player.

Look at the infrared light at the top of the remote through your phone camera whilst pressing some of the buttons, you should see it light up if the remote is working.

Have you checked the trouble shooting guide ? Step 1 power down the unit for at least 1 minute ?

If you switch it on by the button and press the remote does a red light flash on the DVD player ? If so how many flashes ?

Edited by alarmingmark

i have checked the remotes using my camera phone and both are working good tip thank you kidneystone and powered down as alarmingmark said and hey both remotes are now working and the machine is also working

Thank you to you both for your help its really appreciated