What type of tradesman for soil pipe repair?

The soil pipe on the outside of my house is leaking from a joint. Is it a plumber I need to look at this or someone else?

Most builders and handymen should be able to sort this, plumbers will cost you more.....

I would get a plumber. The cheapest isn't always the best. !

I would get a plumber. The cheapest isn't always the best. !

Builders and handymen are able to do the work required by the op, I didn't recommend them due to being cheaper and I also know expensive plumbers that are crap.

If I had to I'd be more inclined to use a builder or handyman as its an outside job, not all plumbers carry a set of ladders or have a labourer on hand to hold them.

Depending on the height and the construction of the pipe, I would not necessarily expect a typical builder to tackle it: a 3 storey length of cast iron is no easy thing to bring down off a ladder...

Depending on the height and the construction of the pipe, I would not necessarily expect a typical builder to tackle it: a 3 storey length of cast iron is no easy thing to bring down off a ladder...

Ditto a plumber :)

Anyway, since when have builders been cheap???

Ditto a plumber :)

Anyway, since when have builders been cheap???

Plumber job, i'm not bidding for it by the way.

Used to do building work myself and I did plenty of soil pipe jobs so no it's not a plumber only job. Plenty of handymen and builders on SF capable of doing the job IMO....

Just to muddy the waters a little, I had my gutters replaced and a couple of new short down pipes fitted and the guy who did that was a window cleaner :)

Just to muddy the waters a little, I had my gutters replaced and a couple of new short down pipes fitted and the guy who did that was a window cleaner :)

Likewise our guttering and both niebhouring properties were done by a window cleaner, personally I've done couple soil pipes repairs myself, it's not a skilled Job in my opinion, you just need to competent.