I need a good YouTube camera..

OK so if you tell me I have to spend three thousand pounds on a Nikon to get the best results, so be it. But if there is another option, especially as I am really only after a video camera, I would really appreciate your ideas. The videos need to be the best quality but they will be just for basic filming, no sports or fast moving. Thanks in advance for your help.

Any video camera that shoots in full HD or better, there are large numbers available, from the relatively cheap on amazon, up to the top of the range go pro at probably £500 (but that can do super slow mo, 4k video, etc).

you could use your phone, even just as a camera for your computer!

Hello,

If you want great camera for video capture for youtube I would go for camera with changeable lenses, go for telephoto lens and decent tripod/gimbal system. You may want to go for DJI Osmo + Zenmuse X3 cam to capture shake free video on the move and use voice recorder for good quality audio then edit them both together. If you will only use camera at home, on solid surface you may want to go for Sony A5000 or A6000 camera, A5000 comes with good lens, but others are quite expensive and there's not so much to choose from. Myself I've got Nikon D5300 that I use with Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8G DX lens and it's amazing. Sharp, detailed image at 60fps - mindblowing quality.

In short. Go for DSLR camera with 10-30mm lens if you're going to film at home only, or go for DJI Osmo with Zenmuse X3 camera and good voice recorder if you're going to use camera on the move AND at home.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your help here. I got a Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II, affordable for now and good reports online.

you could use your phone, even just as a camera for your computer!

I must have the new iPhone every year, why I do not use that more often I do not know. I also bought a selfie stick and Pop Socket to make my phone more useable. Thank you.

Any video camera that shoots in full HD or better, there are large numbers available, from the relatively cheap on amazon, up to the top of the range go pro at probably £500 (but that can do super slow mo, 4k video, etc).

A GoPro is also something I might add to my collection in the future. Good idea.

Hello,

If you want great camera for video capture for youtube I would go for camera with changeable lenses, go for telephoto lens and decent tripod/gimbal system. You may want to go for DJI Osmo + Zenmuse X3 cam to capture shake free video on the move and use voice recorder for good quality audio then edit them both together. If you will only use camera at home, on solid surface you may want to go for Sony A5000 or A6000 camera, A5000 comes with good lens, but others are quite expensive and there's not so much to choose from. Myself I've got Nikon D5300 that I use with Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8G DX lens and it's amazing. Sharp, detailed image at 60fps - mindblowing quality.

In short. Go for DSLR camera with 10-30mm lens if you're going to film at home only, or go for DJI Osmo with Zenmuse X3 camera and good voice recorder if you're going to use camera on the move AND at home.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

This set up is something I will be saving for.... and that message will be something I have to come back and read again. Very informative. Thank you.