Factory settings

My laptop was running very slow so I reset it back to factory settings and now it won't pick up my modem or connect to my wifi. Can anybody please tell me how to sort it, or offer to rectify it for me, thanks :huh::loopy:

Is your WiFi on in Windows 10? Your WiFi is not showing on the list? Do you see neighbors or other WiFi networks in the area? If you can't see just yours, try to reset your router/ modem ( unplug it from electricity for 10 sec then plug it back on, then try searching for your network)

My laptop was running very slow so I reset it back to factory settings and now it won't pick up my modem or connect to my wifi. Can anybody please tell me how to sort it, or offer to rectify it for me, thanks :huh::loopy:

It could well be that to enable wifi you may need to flick a switch on the laptop or maybe the keyboard. On my laptop there was a small slider at the bottom front and on my sons it was a specific key on the keyboard.

Try getting the manual and see.

Press the Windows key and then X quickly and go to Device Manager. And see if you have any drivers missing.

If so try plugging the laptop into the router with a network cable and see if you can then get on the internet. If you can leave it for an hour and hopefully it will install any drivers that are missing.