Ordnance Survey Maps..

Wow how many different types are there? range from £7 - £19, only cover a tiny area so you need several just to cover the peaks...:o, if you got any old scraps i could selotape :D, no just kiddin, but they are expensive, i bought the laminated type, cost a little more but should last longer...tiny rant over lol:hihi:

There are two that cover the Peak District (OL01 and OL24), dark and white peak respectively. They should see you right, unless you plan on walking further afield.

I have several maps, including the ones above. I agree, a tad bit expensive if you plan to walk all over the place, but still... once you got the map that's it.

Laminated are ok, but why not just get the cheaper maps and buy a map cover :)

I bought the laminated Dark Peak map in the early 90s and it still looks like it has just been bought. In contrast, my White Peak one is the paper version and is a right mess. I think the laminated ones are worth the extra if it's going to get a lot of use.

I have an Esso Driver's Guide To The Pennine Way from about 1967. In it, it recommends OS maps with the disclaimer "They are not cheap, no work of art ever is..."

I've been trying to access 'Ordnance survey maps' of Sheffield (particular early 1950's) which I could through other peoples posts. All I get-as of yesterday- is 'Page cannot be displayed'. Is this because the maps were originally on 'History-Sheffield', which doesn't seem to exist anymore ?