Sheffield round walk

Hi, could anyone please help me, with a map of Sheffield round walk for someone how lives outside Sheffield, so need to know all road and woods names.

Thanks

It must be 25 years since i did the sheffield round walk.It would be interesting to do the walk again to see what has changed.

It must be 25 years since i did the sheffield round walk.It would be interesting to do the walk again to see what has changed.

The last time i walked around sheffield the hole in the road was there, as was the penthouse and the indus, never bothered going back since.

The last time i walked around sheffield the hole in the road was there, as was the penthouse and the indus, never bothered going back since.

I just wonder if all the woods and fields are still the same or replaced with houses here and there.I should imagine it is still very similar because i think most of it is parkland isn't it.I am going to walk it over the xmas holidays if i can find the time.

can anyone tell me how long it takes roughly to do this round walk

many thanks

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 11:18 ----------

and can anyone tell me where i can get a map

many thanks

many thanks

many thanks

You will find the details you are after on here

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/parks-woodlands--countryside/parks/maps/sheffield-round-walk.html

regards ,monzaman

many thanks

many thanks

Including stops, I would allow 7-8 hours to complete it.

Its 14 miles, you can do in 6 hours without going mad, including a couple of stops. Most difficult bits are from Abbeydale Road up to Graves Park via the Golf Course and hill from Forge Dam to Ringinglow, otherwise quite steady.

Did it again yesterday in the rain as a walk/run in just over 3 and a half hours.

The part from meersbrook park to graves park is still really difficult to navigate as signs are missing and the route is not obvious also a big tree thats come down recently totally blocked the path on Limb Valley which involved tackling serious undergrowth to navigate.

Enjoyed it though nice to get home and dry again after!