Attercliffe lads

I was born in Attercliffe Baker Street 1944 and lived there for 21 years went to Huntsmans Gardens school till I was 11 what a place do you have memories just the cinemas the pubs the shops open until turned 10 o clock on a Saturday you could buy anything from down the cliffe.

hI GORDON3 THERE WERE LASSES AS WELL ON CLIFF WHO THUOGHT IT WERE BEST PLACE ON GODS EARTH WE DIDN;T HAVE TO GO TO TOWN FOR ENTERTAINMENT WE HAD IT ALL ON THE CLIFF AND SOME GOOD LOOKING LADS ANALL NEMIND WYBOURN LADS AND DARNALL LADS NOT A PRAYER

i was born in the kitchen of 64 coleford road(1963),i have very vague memories but i do remember going to the aquaducct club with mi mam and dad on saturday nights aged about 4 :)

Edited by sham.69er

sorry sham forgot about the lasses good times were had by all we used to go on a pub and club crawl on a Saturday night start at vic at the top of Sleaford St half in every one up to Tommy Wards corner and back down the other side and you were ****** by the time you got to the Queens Head at the bottom of Shirland Lane then up to Ainsleys for fish and chips on Chippingham Street Boy those were the days.

Im a bit longer in tooth than you only 6years but sunday nights were good nights we used to walk through tinsley park cemetry to catcliffe to plough pub to see skiffle groupes only place that had music on sundays coming back the lads used to frighten the <removed>Out of us walking through cemetery mind you they made sure we got home allright happy days

Edited by whitewitch
language

ey up gordon3 started life on titterton st myself, memories of standing at bottom of entry watching kids go to school at huntsmans, grandads house was bang across from school. then move to fell rd when mum and dad got there own place. if you want a good read about cliffe check out one of the old sites "anyone here from attercliffe" lots of old chat and info on there.all the best.:hihi::roll::hihi:

I was born in Attercliffe Baker Street 1944 and lived there for 21 years went to Huntsmans Gardens school till I was 11 what a place do you have memories just the cinemas the pubs the shops open until turned 10 o clock on a Saturday you could buy anything from down the cliffe.

did you live in same yard as Raymond Bird.

certainly did and sylvia ronnie and norman

does anyone remember malcolm jolly,freddy davison/ davidson and michael tootil from the worksop road area? I remember micheals parents ran the liberal club and freddy lived behind the tripe shop. ah happy days!

sorry mate i dont remember them but i lived down the cliffe from 1944 to 1965 went to huntsmans gardens school till i was 11years old anyone remember Miss Glossop she used to throw the blackboard rubber.Does anyone remember Pete Hatton Barry Fairhead Ann Smith Graham Westwood Michael Holmes Raymond Thompson Margaret Haywood Mick Christian Paul Sheldon to name just a few who were around at the same time I need to get the old memory into top gear could do with a jolt.

All of my best memories are of attercliffe,we lived on Shirland Lane until the houses were pulled down.I remember once me and my friend glued some pennies on the steps inside Banner's we stood on them till they dried then we stood at the bottom and watched customer's trying to pick them up what a laugh but harmless fun.If i had the chance to go back to those day's I would.

would you really Dinnerlady no central heating toilet across the yard no hot water the times were good the conditions were crap