Yorkshire Water - what's your experience of their service?

For 7 weeks raw sewage has been leaking into our house from Yorkshire Water's sewerage system. For 6 weeks they've been trying to do something about it. They've failed; sewage is still coming in (at between 1 and 20 litres an hour) My experience of the whole palaver is they are astonishingly inefficient and inept at handling what ought be a pretty simple case. The details would bore you but in my case it seems too many layers of management, inflexible working methods, multiple sub-contracted companies, and failure to effectively communicate between them or respond to relevant information has resulted in a very messy and no doubt very expensive failure - ongoing with no end in sight! Anyone else had or having similar problems with them?

personally I have never had a problem but as with all companies the acid test is how they respond to problems

Contact their CEO and demand a solution

We had a (relatively small) water leak down the road.

Took close to a year and several attempts to actually fix it, wasn't like it was a big pipe or super-deep.

similar problem to first poster, water coming through ground, clean water and waste water both done acid tests and cannot decide/agree to who needs to deal with it. they keep passing it from one to other, this has been going on for nearly 3 months now.

Had drainage issues a few times and every Time they have been out within a few hours and sorted within a day or two and kept fully upto date with what's happening.

Been very pleased with their service

Yes....another vote for Environmental Health....I know through experience.