Dress shop on Barber Road, Commonside

Does anyone recall what I understand was a dress making / modifying shop on Barber Road, Commonside? It might have been called "Joanne's" and been somewhere near No 44.

My wife's aunt used to run it and the family lived somewhere nearby - possibly in a flat behind the shop.

I guess we are talking around about early 1950s. The aunt was called Joan Wattam but no-one of that generation is alive to ask now.

Just trying to flesh out a bit of our more recent family history - any help or information would be appreciated.

Edited by TWhits

The 1951 and 1954 Kelly's directories have "Joan Wattam, dressmaker" at No 72 Barber Road.

The 1951 and 1954 Kelly's directories have "Joan Wattam, dressmaker" at No 72 Barber Road.

Now, why did I wonder whether you might be the one to chip in with a helpful comment? Many thanks for that.

My wife now tells me she recalls visiting the place maybe in the early 1960s too, so there is a better chance that someone on here might remember it.