Family link PARROTT (BEARDOW OR HOLMES??)

Hi .. I am interested in finding relatives to my mother Mary PArrott (1929-2001) Her dad died when she was only 6 in 1935 and she was his only child. So I am looking for any people that may be related to Charles and Mary Ann Parrott from Wallace rd Parkwood Springs (early 1900's). I don't have much to go on , she would have had a cousin called MArgaret Beardow (nee Holmes) but that is all I can find. I would just like to do it for her , she had an awful life growing up in the war and the only good thing she ever remembered was her dad. Her dad was called Ernest Parrott and he married Beatrice Dutton. So if anyone knows anything , please let me know .. I think she lived around Neepsend? at one time. Also , if anyone even knew my mum , I would love to hear. She would be pretty old by now though (b.1929). thanks very much - regards from Australia Sally

Hi Sally,

Do you have the 1911 census entry for Charles and Mary Ann Parrott?

Hi Sally, Do you have the 1911 census entry for Charles and Mary Ann Parrott?
I included a scan of the census entry in my post #53 replying to Sally's post in a Parkwood Springs thread here, and in post #55 there is relevant census data from 1901 and 1881

The marriages index has the marriage of Ernest Parrott and Beatrice Dutton in Sheffield in Apr-Jun 1924, but likely children (with the mother's maiden name Dutton) are Mary Parrott (Jan-Mar 1930) and Ena Parrott (Jul-Sep 1937). If Mary was born near the end of 1929 her birth might have been registered in the first quarter of 1930 (neither Mary or Ena seem to feature in the 1939 Register). The birth of a Mary Parrott was registered in the Wortley district in Jul-Sep 1929 but the mother's maiden name is given as Crapper. Parrott/Crapper marriages were registered in the Wortley district in 1914 and 1915.

Hi Hillsbro/Sally,

Birth registration, Mar Q 1930, Mary Parrott, mothers maiden name Dutton, Sheffield.

1939 register, 1/2 Bedford Street, Sheffield.

Beatrice Dutton, born 21 Mar 1884, Tailoress, married.

Frederick Dutton, born 8 Apr 1915, Hairdresser, single.

Beatrice Parrott (Bramwell), born 1 Mar 1904, domestic duties, Widow.

Two records closed.

I presume the two closed records are Mary and Ena.

Beatrice Parrott married Ernest Bramwell, Sep Q 1940.

Ena Parrott married James Homer, 21 March 1959 at St. Vincent's, Sheffield.

Notes: Mixed religion. Ena gives her fathers name as Ernest.

One of the witnesses was Pamela Bramwell.

Pamela Bramwell, birth Mar Q 1941, mmn Dutton, Sheffield. So presume she is the

daughter of Beatrice and her second husband Ernest Bramwell.

Pamela Bramwell married Raymond Clifton Sep Q 1963 in Sheffield. They appear to have

had four children. Sharron 1965, Joanne 1966, Raymond Gary 1969 and Janine 1973.

Hi Moirahyde - yes, it does seem that Ena was Ernest and Beatrice's daughter, but this is a puzzle as Ernest's death was registered in Jul-Sep 1935 and Ena was born two years later. Although sally63 wrote that her mother was born in 1929 and was Ernest's only child, if Mary was born in November/December 1929 then her birth could have been registered in Jan-Mar 1930 as I noted. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to be mentioned in other sources.

Edited by hillsbro
spelling